Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Become a Documentation Author (Wiki account request)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Thing View Post
    Please add me to the documentation crew
    PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Thing View Post
    That would be "first principles."
    And that would be absolutely correct. The misspelling was simply to check whether you were paying attention or not...

Hats off to The Hooded Thing (or is that Hat's off )

You went in and changed some stuff, for the better!

WHO ARE YOU?

Very pleased to have you on 'the crew'

Steeb

I for one share johnsonx42's concern over ensuring there is some kind of security over "trusted" sites like the wiki, although banning someone who could be a long-time lurker would be outrageous. What is the protection over the binaries and installers that are available through the wiki?

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I for one share johnsonx42's concern over ensuring there is some kind of security over "trusted" sites like the wiki, although banning someone who could be a long-time lurker would be outrageous. What is the protection over the binaries and installers that are available through the wiki?

Martin
    I too was concerned about an entirely new user to this forum requesting access to the wiki. Hence why immediate authorship was not granted. (until discussion by wiki admin off forum). In the spirit of the community it would have been difficult to not have granted authorship permissions in this instance. Wiki admin agreed to do so with an eye to watch what may have happened should someone wish to sabotage entries. In this case everything I have seen done by this new author is entirely in the spirit of the community and the new wiki and should be encouraged wholeheartedly.

What 'protection' would you be looking for here over binaries and installers? Switch to PM?

Steeb

No PM's please. I just wanted to know what means are in place that prevent new wiki contributors from uploading or changing previous uploads by other contributors.

Martin

Exactly the same means as was employed on the 'Old Wiki'. Nothing has changed!

Steeb

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I just wanted to know what means are in place that prevent new wiki contributors from uploading or changing previous uploads by other contributors.
    I keep an eye on changes made to wiki pages by all wiki editors, especially new ones. I will investigate what can be done about monitoring changes to uploaded files. TBH it's not something I've thought about, thanks for brining it up.

Quote Originally Posted by McBainUK View Post
    Post below and one of the Wiki Admins will contact you regarding creating an account for the NPVR Wiki.

Thanks.
    I'd like to have an account for the new wiki.

Thanks,
    -alibert