Thread: Install Web Radio on Win 7 64bit?

Install Web Radio on Win 7 64bit?

I downloaded the Web Radio plugin from the wiki, unzipped it to my Public Downloads directory, went into the Plugin.WebRadio directory, then double clicked on Batch-Installer.exe. I authorized it to run as administrator when the box appeared, then a cmd.exe window appears for less than a second, then the windows box appeared that says "this program may not have installed correctly". When I then run PVRX2, the plugin does not appear.

I opened an administrator command prompt in the Plugin.WebRadio directory, and ran the Install.bat file from there. This was the result:

Code:
    C:\Users\Public\Downloads\Plugin.WebRadio>Install.BAT

--- READ PLUGIN DIRECTORY NAME FROM PLUGINNAME.BAT ---

--- GET CURRENT DIRECTORY ---

--- LOCATE GBPVR INSTALLATION DIRECTORY ---
    ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
    ECHO is off.
    --- LOCATE ACTIVE SKIN INSTALLATION DIRECTORY ---

\Devnz\GBPVR\\config.xml`) was unexpected at this time.

C:\Users\Public\Downloads\Plugin.WebRadio>
    Does anyone know how to get this to install on Win 7 Home Premium 64bit?
    HP Pavilion a6432f\AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+(2.6Ghz)\3GB\ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series\Windows 7 Professional 32bit\PCTV 80e USB

Try the basic download http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/P...seSetup210.zip I'm not sure if MixMan's installer is 64 bit aware.

I actually tried it about fifteen minutes ago and it worked fine for me on Win 7 64 bit. I was a bit surprised going back to 2.0, 3.0 is much improved.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Try the basic download http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/P...seSetup210.zip I'm not sure if MixMan's installer is 64 bit aware.

I actually tried it about fifteen minutes ago and it worked fine for me on Win 7 64 bit. I was a bit surprised going back to 2.0, 3.0 is much improved.

Martin
    Where do you get 3.0?

I got the one you linked to to install, but I can't get it to do anything. When I try to launch the editor, it says the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Devnz\GBPVR\media\WebRadio\RadioStations.xml " doesn't exist, although it does. When I try to listen to any station, it dumps me back at the PVRX2 main menu.

I added a line to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Devnz\GBPVR\config.xml", to get it to use vlc:

Code:
    <WebRadio>
          <StationFile>.\media\WebRadio\RadioStations.xml</StationFile>
          <IconDirectory>.\media\RadioLogos</IconDirectory>
          <player>C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</player>
        </WebRadio>
    as instructed on the wiki page.

Log attached.
    HP Pavilion a6432f\AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+(2.6Ghz)\3GB\ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series\Windows 7 Professional 32bit\PCTV 80e USB

Delete those settings from config.xml and delete the webradio plugin folder and re-install.

V 3.0 is for NPVR the plugin is much better overall, as is the installation.

Martin

Delete those settings from config.xml and delete the webradio plugin folder and re-install.

V 3.0 is for NPVR the plugin is much better overall, as is the installation.

Martin
    I completely uninstalled GB-PVR, deleted the Devnz dir and all sub dirs, ran Ccleaner, rebooted, re-installed GB-PVR, re-installed WebRadio, left the config.xml alone, and it still dumps me at the main GB-PVR menu whenever I try to play a station.

I have attached the latest log, but it still shows an error involving vlc. On my computer, running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, vlc is located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe".

Did you update WebRadio.xml to change the VLC setting to point to Program Files (x86) remembering to follow Windows 7 UAC rules?

Martin

Apparently, WebRadio is hard coded to look for vlc.exe in "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe", and ignores the <player> setting in config.xml. I tried making a symbolic link from the actual vlc.exe to the one that WebRadio is expecting, and I could see that it tried to run vlc, because an error popped up about a missing dll. So, I then made this symbolic link:
    Code:
    mklink /d "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN" "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN"
    And it now works!

Did you update WebRadio.xml to change the VLC setting to point to Program Files (x86) remembering to follow Windows 7 UAC rules?

Martin
    Just saw this after posting above. I wasn't aware of the WebRadio.xml file, I have made the change, and cleaned up the symbolic link kludge I had made. Thanks for your help, it is working now.

WebRadio is not hardcoded to use "C:\Programs Files" when the player in WebRadio.xml is set up properly.

Edit: Ok I see you have it good. WebRadio.xml was added in 2.10 http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread....805#post361805

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2010-08-15 at 05:24 AM.