Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NPVR does not seem to recognise PVR-150 SVideo Input for Channel Changer?

Thumbs up NPVR does not seem to recognise PVR-150 SVideo Input for Channel Changer?

sub

My apologies in advance if this looks familiar, but this is a follow on from what I was trying to do with USBUIRTSEND.exe in the GBPVR Legacy thread, but actually it applies more to NPVR because that's where I am trying to use it.

My problem is that the parameters you select for the Svideo Input of NPVR with a a PVR-150 seem to be different to GBPVR. The input I selected is from Cable and the Tuner I select is S-Video Ports.

However I can't see USBUIRTSEND.exe sending a signal to the USB-UIRT. It seems from the log below that it wants to change the Device's (PVR-150) (internal) Analog channel changer even though the SOURCE and INPUT apear to be correct (SVIDEO and CABLE resp.).

What I did was selecetd the above import the channels via an XMLTV file.

Q1. When I try to do this, I can select "SVideo" and "Cable" but what do I select for Country? I tried where I live but it fails to change channel. I tried Analog Tuner - it fails. I tried Analog Tuner RF Input. That fails, horribly.

Q2. When I look back into NPVR settings it seems to revert to "Analog" under the type for that device - I also get the fuzzy analog screen (because I do not have an Analog Antenna), and it doesn't seem to be sticky choosing SVideo and Cable?

Code:
    2010-08-02 23:52:10.596	
    [INFO][3]	Running blaster: C:\Program Files\NPVR\ChanChg\USBUIRTSend.exe "C:\Program Files\NPVR\ChanChg\IRDefs\HKNowBB YX-5218A.dat" 6712010-08-02 23:52:12.358	
    [DEBUG][3]	About to tune graph to: 
    <tuning>  
    <type>Analog</type> 
       <locator>   
       <channel>671</channel>    
      <country>1</country>    
      <input>cable</input>    
      <source>SVideo</source>    
      <fixed>2</fixed>  
      </locator>
    </tuning>
    I also got a couple of nasty errors when I chose RF (I think) esp. when I selected listen from the menu.

k.
    Last edited by jksmurf; 2010-08-03 at 12:47 PM.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win7x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

sub - any ideas on this one?

Selecting SVideo input just doesn't seem to be sticking.

Code:
    2010-08-08 06:14:18.759	[DEBUG][6]	About to tune graph to: 
    <tuning>
      <type>Analog</type>
      <locator>
        <channel>365</channel>
        <country>1</country>
        <input>cable</input>
        <source>Tuner</source>
        <fixed>2</fixed>
      </locator>
    </tuning>
    Source should be SVideo which is what I select but it doesn't stick, always reverts to Tuner and fixed

There's also a couple of errors like this:

Code:
    2010-08-08 06:14:15.606	[INFO][6]	Running blaster: C:\Program Files\NPVR\ChanChg\USBUIRTSend.exe "C:\Program Files\NPVR\ChanChg\IRDefs\HKNowBB YX-5218A.dat" 365
    2010-08-08 06:14:17.918	[INFO][6]	Creating graph
    2010-08-08 06:14:17.939	[ERROR][6]	ConnectFilters:Failed(2)
    2010-08-08 06:14:17.945	[ERROR][6]	ConnectFilters:Failed(2)
    2010-08-08 06:14:17.945	[DEBUG][6]	AttachHardEncoder@1
    2010-08-08 06:14:17.945	[DEBUG][6]	AttachHardEncoder@2 (got medium)
    2010-08-08 06:14:17.949	[DEBUG][6]	AttachHardEncoder@3 (got encoder)
    2010-08-08 06:14:17.949	[DEBUG][6]	AttachHardEncoder@4 (about to connect encoder)
    2010-08-08 06:14:17.954	[ERROR][6]	ConnectFilters:Failed(2)
    2010-08-08 06:14:17.954	[DEBUG][6]	AttachHardEncoder@5 (connected encoder)
    2010-08-08 06:14:17.962	[DEBUG][6]	AttachHardEncoder@6 (connected demux)
    2010-08-08 06:14:17.966	[ERROR][6]	ConnectFilters:Failed(2)
    2010-08-08 06:14:17.974	[ERROR][6]	ConnectFilters:Failed(2)
    2010-08-08 06:14:17.974	[DEBUG][6]	Graph filter list:
    One more oddity:

Code:
    2010-08-08 06:23:20.932	[DEBUG][15]	Tuning to frequency: 365)
    2010-08-08 06:23:20.932	[DEBUG][15]	Tuner reports frequency: 0
    Not sure where the ")" comes from, but I can probably play around with that.

Thanks!

k.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win7x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    sub - any ideas on this one?

Selecting SVideo input just doesn't seem to be sticking.

Code:
    2010-08-08 06:14:18.759	[DEBUG][6]	About to tune graph to: 
    <tuning>
      <type>Analog</type>
      <locator>
        <channel>365</channel>
        <country>1</country>
        <input>cable</input>
        <source>Tuner</source>
        <fixed>2</fixed>
      </locator>
    </tuning>
    Can you try it on an empty database to see if it helps? (ie, temporarily rename npvr.db3 to old.db3 or something, then run NextPVR.exe)

I just tried going into an analog device, hit 'Add', selected svideo, made up a channel name and hit 'ok' and succesfully saved the following. (note you can only set the source at the time the channels are created, not afterwards)

Code:
    <tuning>
      <type>Analog</type>
      <locator>
        <channel>72</channel>
        <country>64</country>
        <input>antenna</input>
        <source>SVideo</source>
        <fixed>2</fixed>
      </locator>
    </tuning>
    One more oddity:

Code:
    2010-08-08 06:23:20.932	[DEBUG][15]	Tuning to frequency: 365)
    2010-08-08 06:23:20.932	[DEBUG][15]	Tuner reports frequency: 0
    Not sure where the ")" comes from, but I can probably play around with that.
    You dont need to worry about the bracket, it was just a mistake in the logging message. I've removed it for the next build.

I notice there was a problem on channels above 300 though, where it was trying to tune by frequency though, and I've fixed it in the attached patch. I may not have caused any issue though.

Seems like this is a no go. <see update>

Tried twice, once importing and setting up at that stage and once adding channels manually like your example. In the first case it was like my experiences above - log still shows wrong input.

In the second case I got an ugly ugly error about a given key not being present ... ??? (Same as in this thread if you'd like to see another instance http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread....827#post383827 )

Ta!
    k.

================================================== ==================
    UPDATE

OK, I have had some success ... but only when I MANUALLY add a Test Channel like in your example AND selecting a country (including manually changing the Channel number afterwards).

However when I IMPORT and select the same Svideo / Country / Cable settings it still does not seem to remember these.

The "key" error in the manual input arises if you choose Analog Tuner and do NOT select a Country. Actually Country is irrelevant in the cable instance where you do not use Antenna isn't it? If it is a cable box then can I suggest another setting like "Cable Box Input"? The GBPVR selection was a bit more intuitive to my brain (See side by side example in http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread....hannel-Changer )

So for me at least, there seems to be two errors.

1. Importing Channels and choosing Svideo / Country / Cable settings doesn't seem to remember the settings.
    2. A "given key" error in the manual input arises if you choose Analog Tuner and do NOT select a Country.

HTH!

k.
    Last edited by jksmurf; 2010-08-08 at 01:15 AM. Reason: UPDATE

How are you connecting from your 'set top box/cable box' to PVR150? With GBPVR I initially tried using a scart connection at the set top box to Svideo input at PVR150 but couldn't get a successfully reliable picture. I then changed to composite input at PVR150 and everything was fine. I haven't tried Svideo with NPVR.
    I assume that when you set the input to other than tuner a Country is still needed (in my case UK and I leave the cable/antenna choice on antenna).
    Channels above 300, I have one channel at 428 and this changes and tunes correctly.

Via video. Sorry for short reply iPhone is a bit limited.
    Yes am using country even though not really relevant to stb in fact I get a horrible error using anything else !

sub - did you get a chance to confirm whether my experience in post #4 is a glitch or just something I am doing wrong?
    I'm convinced there's a wee bug but I'm not looking for it to catch you out ... :-)

I'm sure there is probably some bug lurking, but I'm not sure exactly where and I'm not able to reproduce it.

Today I tried using the 'Import' button rather than the 'Add' button, and selected 'SVideo', 'New Zealand', and these values seemed to be correctly stored in the channels created.

Code:
    <tuning>
      <type>Analog</type>
      <locator>
        <channel>9</channel>
        <country>64</country>
        <input>antenna</input>
        <source>SVideo</source>
        <fixed>2</fixed>
      </locator>
    </tuning>
    When it's using <source>SVideo</source>, then the other settings here like <channel> and <input> arent used. Those are pretty much only used with the tuner.

Hmm. I wonder if it is something to do with the imported xml. Is there anything I can do to help you troubleshoot it?
    I was rather hoping there'd be other folks along by now with a similar issue ... !

k.

You're running 1.5.28 right?

Delete your database file so we're sure any previous attempts are gone, then go into the 'Import' screen, take a screenshot immediately before you hit the 'OK' button so I can see what is selected, then post the screenshot, your npvr.log, and the npvr.db3 file.