Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Database locked error

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53

    Database locked error

    Hi,

    Since I've started testing out the recordings I have noticed the recording menu itself has slowed right down. As of tonight, I am also getting a database locked error. Logs attached.

    Only other dabbling I have been doing is to set up a postprocessing batch file to transcode to MP4.

    What have I broken, and how on earth do I fix it!

    Mark

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    76,336
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_lt View Post
    Since I've started testing out the recordings I have noticed the recording menu itself has slowed right down.
    Do you have any recordings on a network drive, or imported recordings in directory that does exist? This is the only known reason that could cause the Recordings screen to be slow.

    As of tonight, I am also getting a database locked error. Logs attached.
    I've not seen this database locked error, but if you can give me a set of steps to reproduce the problem, then I'll fix it. A reboot will clear the situation though.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53
    Thanks Sub. The missing directories will explain the recordings then. Having GB and N on one computer has its consequences.

    I will try to recreate the error, but may take a bit of time. My second has just turned four weeks, combined with me travelling a lot for work so this may take days. Reboot does clear it though. Generally from memory, it is just going into the recordings screen, so let me try and fix the first, and perhaps it will solve the second issue at the same time.

    Mark

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53
    Only update to this is that I replaced the database with the empty one and re-imported the recordings from GBPVR. All is working fine now, so I think it must have been related to the missing recordings.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53
    I figured out how I broke it. I changed the config.xml setting for noremovetree to false. Seemed like a smart thing to do at the time!

    The other issue of a slow recordings menu I will address in a new thread.

    Mark

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •