Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't get Multidec and MDplugins to work

Can't get Multidec and MDplugins to work

I have a dvb-t and I can see the free channels, but not the rest.
    Am I missing something obvious here?

* It does work in Gbpvr.
    * The ffdecsa.dll is placed in "program files (x86)\NPVR"
    * I have copied the content in "..gbpvr\MDplugins" (acamd) to c:\users\public\MDplugins\[card] folder (except mdapifilter.ax).
    * The device is set to Multidec.

But the screen stays black and there is no connection with the server at all.
    The recording log have a lot of epg info but nothing that is different from the working channels.

What have I missed?

Last, little on the side, I have two small cosmetic bugs to report.
    * The progress popup-dialog for scanning dvb-t is not adapted for large dpi.
    * When you start to scan, the OK button is enabled and work as Cancel.
    GBPVR PC: Win7 ult x64 / Intel P Duo / 2 gb RAM / Asus Extreme Radeon HD3450 HDTV
    Video: Sony 40'' LCD TV
    Plugins: MovieWiz, MLpanel, Videos library, Music Spot, WebRadio - and skin: Community WS

Quote Originally Posted by 7ore View Post
    I have a dvb-t and I can see the free channels, but not the rest.
    Am I missing something obvious here?

* It does work in Gbpvr.
    * The ffdecsa.dll is placed in "program files (x86)\NPVR"
    * I have copied the content in "..gbpvr\MDplugins" (acamd) to c:\users\public\MDplugins\[card] folder (except mdapifilter.ax).
    * The device is set to Multidec.
    Above you said " c:\users\public\MDplugins\[card]", I assume you meant " c:\users\public\NPVR\MDplugins\[card]"?

Try watching live tv, then post your npvr.log and nrecord.log and I'll take a look.

Thanks!
    Yea thats right. Forgot the "NPVR" part.

Here is the logs. First I try with an encoded channel and then I switch to a free.
    (the epg is a bit chatty isn't it?)
    GBPVR PC: Win7 ult x64 / Intel P Duo / 2 gb RAM / Asus Extreme Radeon HD3450 HDTV
    Plugins: MovieWiz, MLpanel, Videos library, Music Spot, WebRadio - and skin: Community WS

Quote Originally Posted by 7ore View Post
    Thanks!
    Yea thats right. Forgot the "NPVR" part.

Here is the logs. First I try with an encoded channel and then I switch to a free.
    I'm away from my development machine for the night now, but bump the thread tomorrow and I'll add some logging for you.

(the epg is a bit chatty isn't it?)
    I'll remove some of that stuff later. Its useful for now.

Using Acamd 0.6.1.8 fine with GBPVR but problems with nPVR

[...startup]
    2010-06-17 17:47:06.103 [DEBUG][1] Version: 1.5.19
    2010-06-17 17:47:06.103 [DEBUG][1] SingleInstance()
    2010-06-17 17:47:06.243 [INFO][1] About to connect to remote recording service
    2010-06-17 17:47:06.259 [DEBUG][1] About to look for plugin directories in: C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins\
    2010-06-17 17:47:06.259 [DEBUG][1] About to check for plugin interfaces in: C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins\acamd\ACamd.dll
    2010-06-17 17:47:06.274 [ERROR][1] Unexpected error loading plugins: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly '847360 bytes loaded from NUtility, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
    File name: '847360 bytes loaded from NUtility, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Bad IL format.
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoadImage(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean fIntrospection)
    at System.AppDomain.Load(Byte[] rawAssembly)
    at NUtility.PluginRegistry.LoadPluginsFromRoot(String pluginDirectoryBase)

2010-06-17 17:47:06.274 [DEBUG][1] Skipping non-existant plugin directory: C:\NPVR\Plugins\

Quote Originally Posted by griffy View Post
    Using Acamd 0.6.1.8 fine with GBPVR but problems with nPVR
    Yours is in the wrong place. You put in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins\, but it needs to be in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\MDPlugins\<cardname-instance>

ok, thank you, will try after the wife finishes watching her program

so what is <cardname-instance> is that just say a folder called 'Acamd' with the unzipped files inside? or is it just like GBPVR with the unzipped files (ie. Acamd.dll) in the MDPlugins folder?

I did originally try that yesterday but of course I was unable to get the Satellite tuner working, then thought MDPlugins was being replaced by just plugins only in nPVR.

One thing I have found is that if a tuner gets stuck with GBPVR I could release it by loading config and pressing OK to reset the recording service, with nPVR I have to restart the computer to release the tuner. My tuner gets stuck if an encrypted channel is started and say Acamd is not setup correctly, so trial and error means continous restarts, is there an easier was to reset a sticking tuner?

Quote Originally Posted by griffy View Post
    ok, thank you, will try after the wife finishes watching her program

so what is <cardname-instance> is that just say a folder called 'Acamd' with the unzipped files inside? or is it just like GBPVR with the unzipped files (ie. Acamd.dll) in the MDPlugins folder?

I did originally try that yesterday but of course I was unable to get the Satellite tuner working, then thought MDPlugins was being replaced by just plugins only in nPVR.

One thing I have found is that if a tuner gets stuck with GBPVR I could release it by loading config and pressing OK to reset the recording service, with nPVR I have to restart the computer to release the tuner. My tuner gets stuck if an encrypted channel is started and say Acamd is not setup correctly, so trial and error means continous restarts, is there an easier was to reset a sticking tuner?
    It should work going into Services.msc and restart NPVRRecordingService.

"Show me your passport and I'll tell you who you are"
    (new Norwegian saying)

Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf View Post
    It should work going into Services.msc and restart NPVRRecordingService.
    Did not work in my case. It could be a bug in NPVR. I could only release the tuner by replugging it (USB tuner). Enable/disable the tuner in Device Manager or use devcon (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272) to reset the tuner driver without reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by tmrt View Post
    Did not work in my case. It could be a bug in NPVR. I could only release the tuner by replugging it (USB tuner).
    That can be the answer to why I couldn't delete the nrecord.log file, even if I stopped the npvr record service first.