Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blank Screen As well

Blank Screen As well

Hi Sub
    I got NPVR to see all my channels now and have the epg data with them(Great work!!!), but when I goto play the channels I just get a blank screen. Have tried other decoders but still no luck
    XP sp3, Divico fusion dual digital
    It still works in GBPVR though.
    Here are the logs and config
    Any help appreciated
    Thanks
    Dave

This is probably a continuation of your scanning issue. ie, your device seems to ignore NPVRs tuning requests, and stay on the frequency it was previously tuned to....so its likely to only give audio/video if you try watching a channel on the frequency you were previously tuned to?

Thanks Sub
    But no Luck. I gave that a shot but same result. The stupid thing is I did have a picture once when I first installed it but no sound.
    I might delete all the channels and just see if I can get a picture again and start from there.
    Dave

Hi Sub
    Been playing with this all afternoon with only little success. I think you were right. I took off all the scanned channels and started from scratch. I got my first channel scanned and it worked. Changed channels using gbpvr and came back out and scanned another channel, it worked but now the last one does not work. What a Pain.
    gbpvr is able to change the channels but npvr can't. Any work arounds you can think of?
    Dave

I noticed that there is a folder off MDPlugins, called "Bluebird,BDA Tuner #1-1" There is nothing in this folder. Am I supposed to put the bda settings in here somewhere? I know I had to to put the usb bda settings into bda.ini for GBPVR as follows:

[Dvico Fusion Dual Digital USB1]
    TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
    FILTER_TUNER=Bluebird, BDA Tuner1
    FILTER_CAPTURE=Bluebird, WDM TsCapture1
    PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
    PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
    PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
    PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

[Dvico Fusion Dual Digital USB2]
    TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
    FILTER_TUNER=Bluebird, BDA Tuner2
    FILTER_CAPTURE=Bluebird, WDM TsCapture2
    PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
    PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
    PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
    PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

Does this need to be put in a file somewhere?
    Dave

Hi Sub
    I decided to edit the mpvr.db3 file to put in the correct frequency's of each channel. It now will play a channel or 3 if they are in the same frequency. To change to another channel I have to go into GBPVR select the channel I want, then get out and go into nvpr and then I can play any channel in that new frequency.
    Is there any manual way to change how to access the right bda as above post
    Thanks for all your time and effort (which is huge!)
    Dave

Can you use the device for live tv in GB-PVR, then post the pvrx2.exe.log and pvrx2.exe-native.log, then attempt to use it in NPVR and post the npvr.log and nrecord.log?

Thank You So Much for taking a look.
    I went into live tv on GBPVR and it worked fine
    I then went into live tv on NPVR and it did not work. You would think it would try to use the same channel but it did not. It tried to open another channel completely different to GBPVR.
    Here are the logs
    Thanks again for your time and effort
    Dave

To be honest, I'm at a bit of a loss.

I did notice you were trying to use "Bluebird, BDA Tuner1" though, while the PVRX2 logs showed you using 'Bluebird, BDA Tuner2'. Not sure if that plays any part in this.

Thanks Sub
    I been having a play. I found what channel Live tv was using on NPVR, so then I opened up GBPVR and played that channel and also done a quick record on that channel. I went back into NPVR and used the live tv again. It worked! I looked at the logs and it now showed that NPVR was using Tuner 2 not Tuner 1 as it did before. Very strange. I do notice on the device list that tuner2 is listed before tuner1.
    Could that cause a problem?
    Dave