Thread: Plugins and NPVR. Where do we start?

Hybrid View

Plugins and NPVR. Where do we start?

This sticky thread contains information about developing plugins for NextPVR.

I've updated this first post to collect together the sample plugins I've posted later in the thread.

- Test1.zip/Test2.zip use a framework similar to that used by GBPVR in the past, but only really exist to help users porting old plugins over to NextPVR. It's not recommended you use these in new plugins.

- Test3.zip shows a simple NextPVR plugin, in the style of many of the built in screens, with list of items and hidden menu bar at the top of the screen. It also shows how implement a popup, and a settings screen.

- TestRecorder.zip provide a skeleton recorder for those wanting to implement support for custom tuner types.

There is plenty of other useful discussion later in this thread, and in other threads posted in the developers forum, but if you need more info, or want help on getting started, just post and I'll point you in the right direction.

Looking to get started with some code development here, is the first post here still relevant?
    I just started using Next PVR as Windows Media Center failed me (kept crashing with my Cable QAM signal).

I work mostly in C# all day, so I hope to make some contribution to this project. Thanks!.

Yes, these posts are still relevant. Take a look at those as a first step. We're pretty friendly here. If you've got questions or general want advice on how to go about doing something, then just ask. We'll point in the right direction.

Ok awesome thanks. I'll do my best, let's see what happens...

In the sample project use $(ProjectDir)\bin\Debug" instead or hard coding your local project path.

I hate to ask this, but I am interested in trying some development with an external recorder, and I can't seem to find the TestRecorder.zip project. Any pointers to where I should look? Thanks in advance.

Here is TestRecorder.zip
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sub,
    Can you please attach your findall popup code again as you did in post #43.
    Thanx.

I don't follow you. What do you want?

Nevermind. Reading #43 cleared up what you were after.

I've attached the code. You won't be able to compile it as-is, since it refers to other code you don't have, but it'll give you an example of how you'd have a list control on your own popup.
    Attached Files Attached Files