Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manual Scan Not Working?

Manual Scan Not Working?

GBPVR 1.4.7 on WIndows XP

I've just changed over from Astra to Hotbird. Foolishly, did a rescan and found lots of channels, none of which I want. Then did a manual scan of 11766V to try to get RAI 1,2 and 3 FTA versions - all I get is the Widows hourglass and the scan never completes.

What am I doing wrong? How do I delete all the channels I don't want?
    GBPVR 1.4.7, XP pro SP3, 3.2GHz P4, 1GB RAM, Hauppauge WinTV 9000 DVB-T, Hauppauge Nova-S plus, 1 MVP

Post the config.exe.log and config.exe-native.log and I'll see if anything stands out.

Hi Sub

I can't find any un-numbered -native log file so I've included -1

I wanted to delete all the logs, re-run the manual scan and then send you fresh logs but I can't seem to delete because something is running and holding on to them. I looked in task manager but I can't see what it might be.
    GBPVR 1.4.7, XP pro SP3, 3.2GHz P4, 1GB RAM, Hauppauge WinTV 9000 DVB-T, Hauppauge Nova-S plus, 1 MVP

Can you start the config app, and just do that manual scan, try again to post those logs? That logs seems to contain a full scan.

2nd attempt

sorry I have to go now I'll check out your reply tomorrow.

Bump

+ bit more info; all i want from Hotbird are 4 channels from 2 transponders, 11766V 27500 2/3 for RAI 1, 2 and 3 (FTA) and 11804V 27500 2/3 RaiSport+. I know they are there 'cos my Humax PVR and Manhattan STB receive them OK from one of the other outputs on the quad LNB. Should be simple, eh? A full scan on GBPVR config doesn't find them. A manual scan doesn't find them either. Config frequently hangs during all my attempts to tune in.

How do I get rid of old channel entries from my previous Astra setup?

When I select Hotbird as my satellite, which file does GBPVR use to set the scan frequencies appropriate for Hotbird? I've looked around the files under C:/......../GBPVR and can't make head nor tail out of anything. I've looked, of course, in the Wiki, but the stuff there on tuning is all related to EPG (which I currently don't have) rather than scanning. I've searched the forum and found just one unresolved tuning problem.
    Last edited by fausto; 2010-04-22 at 04:24 PM. Reason: more detail added

I'd really appreciate it if you could make some comment on the second set of logs I posted. It's full of "Unexpected error scanning: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." which means nothing to me.

Everything is working great except for the fact that all scans refuse to pick up the only two transponders I'm interested in!

Unfortunately I'm not really sure whats causing that error messages. Normally I'd offer a patch to log additional info, but my build environment is no longer compatible with 1.4.7. so I'm unable to make a patch.

Do you definitely see the two transponders of interest being scanned? ie, correct frequency, polarily, symbol rate?

Yes. I receive both on my new Humax Foxsat PVR and previously on my Manhattan STB. I got the data for manual tuning here http://www.lyngsat.com/hotbird.html ( transponders 52 and 54)
    RAI 1,2,3 are on 11766 and RaiSport is on 11804, both vertical polarity, both symbol rate 27500- 2/3.

Is there some way I can manually set up a text or xml file with just these two transponders to force a very short scan?

Quote Originally Posted by fausto View Post
    Is there some way I can manually set up a text or xml file with just these two transponders to force a very short scan?
    Have a look at the .ini files in ?:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\BDA\DVB-S