Thread: VMR9

I have been having a couple problems with VMR9 working and not working. I was wondering if someone could explain exactly what it is? Also is it something in the graphics card (or driver) or is it in the Mpeg2 decoder?

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I have been having a couple problems with VMR9 working and not working.
    What do you mean. What problems are you having?

VMR is a component which Windows uses for drawing each frame of video onto your screen. To do this Windows has to rely on certain components in your video card (and its drivers). Most modern video cards have drivers which support VMR, but older ones often dont.

its a method for displaying an onscreen display onto of the video. if you are having issues switch to overlay.

FYI, this link explains a little bit about the differences between VMR9, VMR7 and Overlay:

http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/high...idrender.shtml
    GB-PVR v1.1.5, 1x Hauppauge PVR-150 (v.2.0.48.25037), 2x Hauppuage PVR-500MCE (v.2.0.48.25037), Athlon XP 2500+@3200+, 1GB DDR RAM, Diamond AMD Radeon HD2600 Pro 512MB DDR2 AGP (v7.7), NVIDIA nforce2 Ultra 400 Chipset (v5.10), Chaintech AV-710 (v500b), Windows XP Home w/SP2, Microsoft .NET 2.0, DirectX 9.0c (Aug '07), NVIDIA PureVideo decoders (v.1.02-223), SchedulesDirect, Dell 2405FPW; DVI

My DVD Collection

I'm a bit confused. I installed GBPVR on my slightly old PC half a year ago. Back then, I got a message saying that VMR9 was not supported on my PC. It worked when I switched to one of the other 2.

Now I have reinstalled my PC, with excactly the same hardware, and installed the newest version of GBPVR. This time, no complaints when selecting VMR9 and starting the app. Is this because GBPVR has extended its support for my TV-card, Hauppauge PVR350? I guess it's possible that the hardware encoder/decoder might have some kind of support for VMR9?

As you might understand, this is not a big problem for me since it is actually an improvement

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Now I have reinstalled my PC, with excactly the same hardware, and installed the newest version of GBPVR. This time, no complaints when selecting VMR9 and starting the app. Is this because GBPVR has extended its support for my TV-card, Hauppauge PVR350? I guess it's possible that the hardware encoder/decoder might have some kind of support for VMR9?
    If you have the PVR350 enabled as the Hardware Encoder device, then your VMR9 setting is just ignored.

Ok, thanks!