Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: exe Changer Plugin config doesn't save

Hi,

I'm trying to use Girder and Event.exe to change channels on my cable box but the config won't save the settings. Is this known bug?.

One other thing, FF, RWD and Pause work fine in video playback but when timeshifting live TV only the Pause works, FF and RWD takes me back to the main menu. *

I've just updated the EPG with 14 days of data covering more than 100 channels. Took a few minutes to load but it works like a charm. The mdb file is over 16MB now. *

Other than these few minor problems GB-PVR is an excellent piece of work.

Thanks for all the time and effort Sub

MaNIaC

Config:
    PC ASUS Pundit
    OS Win XP Prof
    CPU 2.4 GHz Celeron
    Mem 256 Mb
    TV WinTV PVR 350
    GB-PVR v0.12

I've just tried to reproduce your .exe changer problem. If I dont enter any parameters, you're right - the config doesn't save. Try putting the text {channel} in the parameters field and it should save correctly.

These are the settings I'm trying to use.

Executable: C:\Program Files\devnz\GBPVR\event.exe
    Parameters: WTTV.SetChannel 18 {channel}

Still doesn't seem to save.

Thanks
    MaNIaC

Can you email your config.exe.log?

Strange, it seems to work here. I am running a later release, and have been working in the channel changer area so I may have inadvertantly fixed something...

If you have MS Access on you machine you could open the gbpvr.mdb file and add the parameters in the EXE_CHANNEL_CHANGER table. Not ideal, but it may stop this holding you up.

I'll load MS Access and give that a go.

Thanks
    MaNIaC

i need to change channels on my diectv receiver. what does the girder setup look like with event.exe to do this for your cable box?

Sub,

What do I put in the "capture_source" field in the EXE_CHANNEL_CHANGER table? I tried the "oid" and the "name" from the "CAPTURE_SOURCE" table, but they didn't seem to work.

Thanks
    MaNIaC

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (motogib @ Feb. 08 2004,17:57)]i need to change channels on my diectv receiver. what does the girder setup look like with event.exe to do this for your cable box?
    motogib,

I'm using a RedEye serial ir-blaster to change channels on my cable box. I had to add the serial port plugin for Girder. Then it's just a question of configuring the plugin for the correct baud rate and so on. Event has the following params

event <eventstring> [device=18] [payload1] [payload2] [payload3] [-silent]

Once you have configured a Girder command it will have an associated event string. Device is 18. The payload is {channel} in the case of GB-PVR. Payload is passed as [pld1] to the Girder command.

So in my case "event WTTV.SetChannel 18 {channel}" does the job.

MaNIaC