Thread: GBPVR RECORDING_SCHEDULE Field Definitions

GBPVR RECORDING_SCHEDULE Field Definitions

I am experimenting with an application for my use which will pull information from GBPVR.db3 (primarily from the RECORDING_SCHEDULE table) and use it in another program I have written. There are two fields in the RECORDING_SCHEDULE table where it is not obvious what the various entry values mean for these fields: "status", "recording_type" and "recording_group"

I was wondering if there is any documentation on the meaning of these field values or do I just have to reverse engineer their meanings?

I treied to poist this in the Developers' Forum but wasn't able to post a new thread there so I picked this forum (although I know it is primarily for User Documentation) as the 2nd most approprite place to post.

Be warned these have changed entirely in the next release, but in 1.4.7 and below they meant:

public const int STATUS_PENDING = 0;
    public const int STATUS_IN_PROGRESS = 1;
    public const int STATUS_COMPLETED = 2;
    public const int STATUS_COMPLETED_WITH_ERROR = 3;
    public const int STATUS_PLACE_HOLDER = 4;
    public const int STATUS_CONFLICT = 5;
    public const int STATUS_DELETED = 6;

public const int TYPE_RECORD_ONCE = 0;
    public const int TYPE_RECORD_DAILY = 1;
    public const int TYPE_RECORD_WEEKLY = 2;
    public const int TYPE_RECORD_WEEK_DAYS = 3;
    public const int TYPE_RECORD_WEEKEND_DAYS = 4;
    public const int TYPE_RECORD_SEASON = 5;

recording_group is zero for one off recordings, or non-zero for recurring recordings to group them together.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Be warned these have changed entirely in the next release, but in 1.4.7 and below they meant:
    Thanks for the definitions.

I figure that successfully interfacing with the version 1.4.7 data base will help me work out the basic mechanics of interfacing with a SQLite data base and when the next GBPVR update comes out I can concentrate on the data layout and definitions.

Your response reminds me of a question I have had but never got around to asking. If a program comes on during weekdays we can either set up a recurring recording for daily or weekdays. Since it wouldn't appear on the weekend EPG, is there any difference in the results if we schedule it as daily rather than weekdays?