Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Wiki Main Page

Quote Originally Posted by Hairy View Post
    All right McBainUK your go. You're gonna shock us all and tell us that you don't even use gbpvr, aren't ya!
    For a month I tried WMC, I was spotted on the forums and accused of being a traitor lol. Came swiftly back.

As far as eye candy goes I have quite a small TV so I tend to prefer basic list views and less of the thumbnails, fan art and other eye candy. I do use CS4 though and like the customizability.

Post A massive missive on Wiki

Dear all,

don't want to be massive on my missive so will try to be succinct!

• I am currently in contact with Blader re: updating GB-PVR's pmwiki engine to latest version.

• Hairy and myself are communicating (I hope still ) ) about changing Wiki look

• I keep stumbling across a few pages that need some love and care, obviously it started with this thread and new wiki page but it has grown.

• I am NOT trying to write a manual for GB-PVR before anyone tells me this, I am trying to simply consolidate what we have and perhaps make it look better?.

To this end:

• Yes @ Fatman_do, can we fake a Video Library with Tags/Artwork? After all we know its not really fake because GB-PVR does this? I just wanted to show CS4 in widescreen mode with default Video Plugin, and I wanted to show this right at the bottom of new wiki homepage....

• New v of GB-PVR coming soon! If now is not the time to consolidate the Wiki then it will never be done?

IMHO the GB-PVR wiki has got out of hand and very messy. It will never be a manual but it can be a reference.

PLEASE before replying to me in anger unless a regular forum poster with me spend 20 minutes having a look on the Wiki seeing what does and doesn't work Then post your experience

Cheers

no sh*t Sherlock
    Last edited by steeb; 2010-02-22 at 01:11 AM.

Latest wiki sandbox has EWA screenshot. It is rubbish

Firstly because I use RT listings ('cos I like them) but they do go on and on!

Secondly shouldn't there be a channel logo too with EWA?

hmmmmmm

Night

Would a screenshot of the picture library do?

Also I'm pretty sure that each of the themes I've done have several screenshots in their respective previews folder.

"...Plugins\SkinPlugin4\ResourcesWS\Themes\Theme Name\previews"
    The Hairy Man

HTPC: Core Duo E4300 - 2GB DDR2 - HD 3650 - 500GB storage
    Capture: 1 Nova-T 500 - 1 PVR 500
    TV: S-Video to 32" Philips CRT

Support the Community Skin

Also I'm pretty sure that each of the themes I've done have several screenshots in their respective previews folder.
    Hairy, you are indeed a mighty genius! I never bothered looking to see this stuff because I never needed it. I have CS4 S-D installed on all my PC's is there anyone with CS4 W-S installed that can root around in their folder and find a screenshot?

cheers

Steeb

Also got a chance to play with EWA, it really is very brilliant! Nay fantastic!

Ignore previous post about channel icons not showing, I was tired and didn't realise this could all be done from config.

Didn't need it for a while now since working from home, WOW!

I thank those what created it and have kept it updated, I know who you are

BUT (and there's always a BUT with me!) Wiki page not IMHO looking so good?

Cheers

Steeb

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    root around in their folder and find a screenshot?
    I've PM'd you a link to all the screenshots I've included (for theme previews) in the community skin. They may be a little rough though, they're just meant to give users an idea of how the theme looks.

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    Hairy and myself are communicating (I hope still ) ) about changing Wiki look
    That's in the PM too
    The Hairy Man

HTPC: Core Duo E4300 - 2GB DDR2 - HD 3650 - 500GB storage
    Capture: 1 Nova-T 500 - 1 PVR 500
    TV: S-Video to 32" Philips CRT

Support the Community Skin

How's that looking with CS4 W-S Vid Lib in sandbox?

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WikiSandbox

2nd time I tried posting this as kitten is walking all over keyboard!

If can get Main page sorted then onto Wiki general (Hairy PM'd you back!)

Steeb