Thread: Multi Tuner w/TV-Out remote stops working

I have a PVR350 and PVR250 on a Pundit (original). *So, I have two PCI slots. *No matter which slot the cards are in, the PVR250 is always recognized as Card #1 by Windows, and thus GB-PVR. *

I'm using the USB-UIRT to control the system, but I'm not using the native USB-UIRT support built into GB-PVR to control the system. *This is due to the USB-UIRT just quiting on me. *I have been able to use Girder to get around this problem.

I have been doing all the testing and initial setup on my computer monitor and now I am ready to use the TV-Out of the PVR350 so I can connect to my TV. *If I change from using the software decoder to using the hardware out of the PVR350, then when I start GB-PVR, I cannot control anything through the remote. *I can control things through the keyboard. *It is as if the USB-UIRT just stops working or is not recognized once I use the TVOut. *

Anyone have any ideas about what could be going on?

Yup seen this. Disable (put a ; in front of) VOLUP and VOLDOWN in the gb-pvr section. Its the bit at the very end of the file. Let us know how you get on.

PS: don't forget to restart IRRemote or reboot.
    Asus A7V880 Motherboard
    AMD Sempron 2400+ 1.67GHz (Socket A) CPU
    Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 200GB SATA 8MB Cache
    Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 160GB SATA 8MB Cache
    Corsair 512MB DDR Value Select PC3200
    Hauppauge PVR150
    2 X Hauppauge Nova-T (200009)
    FX5200 composite out

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Yup seen this. Disable (put a ; in front of) VOLUP and VOLDOWN in the gb-pvr section. Its the bit at the very end of the file. Let us know how you get on.

PS: don't forget to restart IRRemote or reboot.
    Tried the above and this had no effect. *I assumed you meant in the irremote.ini? *That is where I put the semicolon in front of the VOLUP and VOLDOWN in the gb-pvr section and then I rebooted. *I'm not running the Hauppauge IR program at all.

I did a little more troubleshooting and if I change from using the girder plugin and go back to the USB-UIRT plugin, then I can control GB-PVR while using the PVR350's tvout functionality. *However, the original problem with USB-UIRT that forced me to go to Girder is still a problem.

see this link for what I'm talking about:
    Previous USB-UIRT problem posting

I think the problem lies in how Girder interfaces with GB-PVR, when using the PVR350 TVOut. *Again, it works just fine with not using the TVOut and sending the video to the computer monitor.