Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can only watch a minute before thrown to menu...?

Question Can only watch a minute before thrown to menu...?

Hi all,

I know there is a thread somewhere about this problem as I have seen it before but have been searching and cant frind it.

If I open GBPVR, go into TV Guide and start watching something... I only get about 60 seconds before I am thrown out to the GBPVR menu.

This only happens once and from then on the playback runs fine.

If I close GBPVR then re-open it again then the problem will happen again in the first instance.

It also seems to happen with recordings too as I have had many recordings that are only a minute or two long.

Anyone got any ideas please as I am sure others have experienced this.

Cheers all.
    mrspaces.

Reproduce the problem, then zip and attach the pvrx2.exe.log and pvrx2.exe-native.log and I'll take a look.

FAO Sub. Logs.

Hi Sub,
    Nice to hear from you.
    Here are the 2 logs.
    Just started up GBPVR again and managed to watch about 45 seconds of TV before it threw me out to the GBPVR menu again. My system is using less then half its RAM and only 19% of its CPU so I have no idea why GBPVR throws me out.
    Thanks alot Sub.
    mrspaces
    Last edited by mrspaces; 2010-01-06 at 04:14 PM.

If you enable live preview mode, does it keep playing?

I tried that the other day and yes it does seem to play throughout.

Either stick with live preview mode, or maybe try increasing "LiveTV pre-play delay" setting if you dont want to use live preview mode.

Thanks Sub,
    Like to watch everything 'buffered' so would prefer not ot use live preview so will give it a go and change the LiveTV pre-play delay.
    If that doesnt work I will let you know.
    Amazing software - I said it before and dont mind saying it again.
    Cheers.

Howdy all,
    Right then... I have been messing around with this for a few weeks now and am still getting this really annoying problem with TV throwing me back to the TV Guide after about 1 minute of first use.

It does not happen in Preview Live TV Mode, but I dont like this mode as prefer to watch everything on a buffer.

I have chaned the Live TV Pre Play Delay buffer from 2500 to 5000 and that made no difference. Have even bumped it up to 6000 and I still get the TV cut out after about a minute.

Have tried different combinations of audio and video filters. It happens with everything so far... it does it with the ffdshow, MPV, DScaler, NVIDIA video codecs. A combination fo audio codec and different video renderers such as EVR and VMR9 custom still cause it to stop after a minute. :-(

Has anyone any other ideas please as this little but annoying setback is a pain in the bum and is messing up any recordings I schedule as they only record for 1 min.

Cheers everyone. ;-)
    mrspaces

Well, had another full day of trying various things and combinations but still have the same problem.

This is really spoiling an otherwise AMAZING software for me and I would just appreciate knowing if anyone else has had this problem and how you solved it?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

regards.
    mrspaces.

Reproduce the problem, then zip and attach the logs and I'll take another look.