Thread: ML2 installed but doesn't work

ML2 installed but doesn't work

I install ML2 by copying the files into GBPVR, enabled it in GBPVRS config and set some settings, but when I try to open it in GBPVR the computer freezes with the following error-
    "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
    details as per attached file.
    please let me know if/which logs you would like.
    WinXP SP3, Asus M4A785D-M Pro, tinytwin DVB-T usb tuner (AF9015), mce remote, Saf, NPVR

The problem you mention may be related to a missing skin(element). The best thing to do is make a standard install of ML2, and configure GBPVR for using blue-skin. Then try changing to other skins. It also might help to deselect all other plugins, and see if you get ML2 to work.
    A bit of advice:
    I have been a long term satisfied user of ML2 version 7.2. However many users have reported problems with versions of ML2. I would suggest you to start using ML3. Though it is still in Beta, I guess it is less troublesome for new users, and reasonably stable already. See this thread for how to proceed.

Pieter

Thanks, it was the skin. Changed to community skin and it works, and doing the other trick I got ml3 going too.
    WinXP SP3, Asus M4A785D-M Pro, tinytwin DVB-T usb tuner (AF9015), mce remote, Saf, NPVR