What is it:
sTranscode, as the name implies, is a media transcoder.
It's goal is to create a high-quality media file using modern codecs and container that is compatibile with both PC's and hardware decoders. A modern CPU is suggested for transcoding.
All required software for transcoding is included.
- TS file
- MPG file
- VIDEO_TS folders from DVD's
- Techincally anything that mencoder can decode should work but focus is on the above three formats
- NOTE: DVR-MS is NOT supported
Video - AVC(h.264)
Audio - MP3, AAC, VORBIS, or AC3(copied from source)
- Cut/trim using comskip files
- Autocrop (via comskip or mplayer)
- Supports Video and Audio profiles
- Auto scanning and queueing of files to transcode
- DVD Subtitle support (hardcoded and muxed)
- Animorphic output supported
- PCH(Popcorn Hour)/DXVA compatibility
- Logfile creation
- GBPVR database update with new name if running GBPVR client (PC, MVP, PCH)
- MKV chapter creation using comskip files if cutting is not desired
- Extract sTranscode archive to directory of choice
- Drop source file on _guided_transcode.bat
- Choose options and wait for transcode to finish
Playback from PC
- Install Haali Media Splitter (For MKV playback) - http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/
- Install h.264 decoders of choice (ffdshow, CoreAVC, MPC HC, ATI, NVIDIA, etc)
- Install audio decoder of choice (ffdshow, etc)
Comskip.ini setup (required for cutting, chapter creation, and one form of crop detection)
- Add the following lines to the bottom of your comskip.ini file
- sTranscode performs 2-pass encoding using two methods
- You can specify a custom size or choose option 0 in guided_transcode to pick from some popular sizes.
- If no size is specified, sTranscode will decide the best size using pre-determined sizes that will make archiving to DVD5 media simple.
- Because of the extra time used to perform auto-IVTC and auto-crop, those values are saved in the show directory and are used in future transcodes. Custom settings may be added if desired.
- There are a number of video profiles to choose from. To make a custom profile, open of the current profiles, change the name(no spaces) and add/change the values to your desire.
sTranscode can be found here: