Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CS 405 text clipping in main menu

OK guys,

did all you suggested. Just to clear this upfront, I am on XP, and interact with desktop is enabled. No other config.xml's anywhere.

I have my NMT logged on and took the current set of logs - which are attached. Hope I got this right.

Thanks for taking the time.

Guido

I am not seeing ActiveNMTskin in the PVRexe.log file anywhere, nor anything obvious about the NMT in general. Can you attach all your logs, older versioned, config log ect?

Being on XP answers my other questions I would of had.
    Fatman_do

HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver

Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

Fatman_do here's more help (newyankee sorry to hijack the thread, but Fatman_do knows as much about the NMT as I do about skinning and we try and help each other out). You are bang on there still is not connection in these logs. After

Code:
    2009-12-21 19:34:27.125	VERBOSE	[6]	MVP Control thread waiting connection
    You'd want to see signs of connection (from one of my logs)

Code:
    2009-12-21 00:42:23.023	VERBOSE	[3]	Received MVP Service Locator request
    Interesting things in this log though. Weather2 seems to be continually running and doing updates on the idle "MVP" session even updating an XML file. I wonder what xml file it is updating and if it is UAC safe?

Martin

OK, here's another set of logs. I flushed the logs, then restarted the recording service. There is no PVRX2.exe log being created after I fire up the NMT. Nonetheless, all is fine on the NMT (EG M34a). Everything that showed up the logs directory is in the zip-file plus config.xml. I then opened a server PVRX2 session (mainly to give the latest ML3 nightly a try). That created a PVRX2.exe log.

I don't know if it's of any value: I am using a pretty elaborate setup - no share on the server, but everything on a USB stick including ether-wake (which is the main reason for going down the USB route).

I will be away from my place over christmas, so I will have to bump this the coming weekend.

Guido
    Last edited by newyankee; 2009-12-22 at 05:39 PM.

You are AutoStarting 2 MVP servers and unfortunately only one of these get logged so we still don't see anything. However with the MVP and NMT skins both WS there shouldn't be a problem.

Martin

Martin, am I to presume the NMT can handle a 16x9 skin whereas the MVP can only handle a 4:3 skin? The reason I ask is that the clipping shown will occur on an MVP if using the 16x9 (ws) skin, so I don't know if this impacts the NMT?
    Fatman_do

Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver

Fatman_do, the clipping is more a function of overscan than aspect ratio, GBPVR will scale within the configured setting and will try and present WS on the 4:3 frame that the MVP uses. It might even stretch ok to keep the proportions, I haven't tried. The same applies to the NMT, in both cases the player should be configured to match the monitor.

The log would likely show any clipping if it is based on the skin. The incremental mode the NMT uses is very fussy about the size and location values in the skin causing values over 100%, negative offset, or exceeding the monitor's resolution. I've seen them all.

Martin

I have to digest some things here. I think I have lost track of the issue, as it was the server, not the NMT that was clipping.

The server is running 4:3 SD skin, so the problem lies in that version. I will have to check some of the optional menu choices and see if the ratios are wrong on them.

Sorry, I think I led us down the wrong path chasing the NMT side of things.
    Last edited by Fatman_do; 2009-12-23 at 03:43 AM.
    Fatman_do

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman_do View Post
    ...as it was the server, not the NMT that was clipping. The server is running 4:3 SD skin, so the problem lies in that version.
    Yes. It's the server, the NMT is fine. The additional MVP session is for the second NMT which should arrive in the next few days, both are MVP replacements.

Just a quick note and chime in, I'm seeing the same thing on my MVP using CS SD Version (just installed it and testing). Was looking to change some fonts size in the xml file and test to see if that would fix the issue but found they are a lots of areas the fonts size are set in the xml file. But reading this thread do I understand that the skin should be dynamic and adjust auto to ratio of the screen size?
    Server Backend running Nextpvr 3.2.9 on Windows 7 64bit
    ASUS M4A785T-M AMD Quad Core 8GB Memory
    Internal SSD 250GB OS , w/2 SATA 3TB and 500GB

NAS
    Netgear Duo v2 with 3TB Raid 1
    NAS320 with 4TB Raid 1

Clients
    Zotac Mini ION PC Windows 7 64bit
    Acer Latpop AMD Quad core Windiows 64bit
    NMT Popcorn Hour A100 and A110
    NMT HDX 1000
    2014 Samsung Model H5500

Network
    16 Port GB Switch
    All Wireless AP running 11n only 2.4 and 5 mhz.