Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: ML3 Nightly testing

Server going into standby/hibernation while playing from ML3 on NMT

I have another problem, and I am not sure if this is an ML3 problem or should be posted in the NMT section. When playing a playlist in ML3 on either of my 2 NMTs, the server goes into standby (and hibernation a bit later) after the specified time. Apparently, there is not enough server load to keep it alive. I don't have this problem when using other applications on the NMT (e. g. playing TV recordings). I am using the latest ML3 build and mvpmcx2n (April 17, 2010).

Any hints?

Quote Originally Posted by tkgafs View Post
    I'd be happy with that as well

My son simply asked why can you see whats been played but not whats coming up ?

and I have to admit I'd never thought about it before, I just accepted thats the way it is
    I tried to implement pz1's approach but I ran into logic issues trying to account for various random lengths, what to do if only one song was added and I add troubles if the user actually wants to page before or after the centre selection, so it's too big to tackle at this point. The queue is probably in reverse order for this, I probably would want the tracks to be played on the top.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by newyankee View Post
    I have another problem, and I am not sure if this is an ML3 problem or should be posted in the NMT section. When playing a playlist in ML3 on either of my 2 NMTs, the server goes into standby (and hibernation a bit later) after the specified time. Apparently, there is not enough server load to keep it alive. I don't have this problem when using other applications on the NMT (e. g. playing TV recordings). I am using the latest ML3 build and mvpmcx2n (April 17, 2010).

Any hints?
    I looked into this too and decided you should figure out why your PC is allowing hibernation when it is streaming. I don't see why you wouldn't see the same thing with video.

Martin

I want to thank everyone who participated for their support and feedback during the nightly testing. This has been build into 8.1 and released by psycik, so this thread is unofficially closed.

Martin