Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wiki page for gbpvr tray?

What about including it as in-line text immediately below GB-PVR Manual.....GB-PVR Manual
    That is beginning to work for me but as usual Wiki so personal interpretation.

Overview
    Like this but is that the correct wordage? Overview, will that make sense? What are we trying to say? I think it reminds me of a song from a musical - Getting to know you etc.

Want to put the link in but 'overview' isn't working for me, of course anyone can put the link in but I need more!

And where is McBain? He brought it up

Steeb

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    And where is McBain? He brought it up
    Yeah - maybe we should wait till he gets back from the pub...

Yeah - maybe we should wait till he gets back from the pub...
    For me won't action anything until I've heard McBain's POV.

Surely Pub's have shut in Gunwharf now? Ah the old quarter, there is a kebab van...

I'm with ACTCMS.... we should have some preamble about each of the EXE's within the installation kit.

I'll try to draft something over the next couple of days....
    Regards Systemshark

Lounge: HDPC Intel i5, Asus Motherboard with Intel HDMI, 4Gb of Ram, 1Tb Disk, 60Gb SSD, Blackgold BT3595 Tuner, Hauppauge Nova T500 and HVR1700 in a LianLi C39 B Case.

Other Room : Liteon Wireless Media Centre/DVD Player

Software : Windows7 32 Bit, RedRat, XMLTV GUI and NPVR

I don't have a high level plan. I was just looking at the wiki and noticed some parts were a bit shocking and/or out of date. The recent changes by the likes of zhed and steeb has set the format, and that looks ok. I think I'll aim for a slow and steady approach and work on a bit at a time (at the moment the library plugins' pages).

I like ACTCMS's suggestion of a list of the parts of GB-PVR. The wiki is there for editing so feel free o ad a section or too. I'm the last person who wants to be a control freak and organise everything.

Oh and regarding Gunwharf I'm more of an Albert Road guy. And as far as editing the wiki after a few pints I think it would be a bad idea, esp with the history view

If anyone finds a page or section that is wrong or simply out of date then I suggest you flag it with the Improvement Flag. It can then be reviewed and fixed.

Also, is there a wiki page or a good forum post regarding the metadata and xml format / features in recent versions of the video library?

additions

how about adding the pertinent details somewhere that tray app needs to be started for 'recordingstartus.bat' to work, the config entry for it's refresh time, that it's unnecessary to have running if you don't use recstatus...

can any html be put on wiki? simple stuff like rollovers...to make pages shorter..
    wish they worked on plain text but 'alternate text' only work for pics..
    how about html popups or forcing a new browser window to popup?

the metadata details were a bit spread out but there's a couple threads with most of it..
    i usually go back to the announcements page changelog, then search for mymovies.xml
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    2. C2D 2.53, XPPro, ATI HD3450, Kworld 330U, Comm. Skin, GBpvr 1.4.7
    Author: Pvrx2 utils- Simple Archiver.bat, NTFSLinker [Junction gui]
    Universal Util: MCE Remote no-software trick and Shutdown Protector
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]