Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiki page for gbpvr tray?

Hybrid View

Wiki page for gbpvr tray?

Is there a wiki page covering the GB-PVR tray icon as I can't seem to find it? If not, where should it be created? It's been a while since I've played with the wiki and not too sure about it's structure.

Is there a wiki page covering the GB-PVR tray icon as I can't seem to find it? If not, where should it be created? It's been a while since I've played with the wiki and not too sure about it's structure.
    I am certain there is no specific page, IIRC there is a mention of it somewhere like in configuration but can't recall exactly.

You can create it anywhere, not sure where I would put it, what do you want to say about it?!

Cheers

Steeb

Just what it can do really. More for completeness that anything else.

Hmmm interesting one, well guess it would naturally fall somewhere under 'Manual' as opposed to any of the other possible headings?

But guess it is a sort of 'one off' I mean it is not GUI is it?

Cheers

Steeb

How about something on this page:

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manual/Manual

Under the 'Getting Started' section? A new link for initial getting around GBPVR 'familiarisation' sort of thing?

As per your other posts it's obvious you're on a Wiki thing at the moment! I've been trying for ages to improve it but there's very few of us

Cheers

Steeb

Or same page new heading between Getting Started and Using? Familiarisation thing? This is the thing with the Wiki, so open to interpretation

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    Or same page new heading between Getting Started and Using? Familiarisation thing? This is the thing with the Wiki, so open to interpretation
    What about a preamble on the GBPVR Manual page before the Quick Start Guide called 'What is GBPVR'. It could give a (very) quick overview of what GBPVR is and the various components involved and what they do:

GBPVR
    GBPVRTray
    pvrx2
    config/config.xml
    GBPVRRecordingService
    what plugins are
    what utilities are
    ability to support clients
    log files
    etc.

If you started off with your glossary definitions for these components and expanded a little bit on each, it might give new users a handle on how all these bits fit together - sort of put things into context.

I don't have a high level plan. I was just looking at the wiki and noticed some parts were a bit shocking and/or out of date. The recent changes by the likes of zhed and steeb has set the format, and that looks ok. I think I'll aim for a slow and steady approach and work on a bit at a time (at the moment the library plugins' pages).

I like ACTCMS's suggestion of a list of the parts of GB-PVR. The wiki is there for editing so feel free o ad a section or too. I'm the last person who wants to be a control freak and organise everything.

Oh and regarding Gunwharf I'm more of an Albert Road guy. And as far as editing the wiki after a few pints I think it would be a bad idea, esp with the history view

If anyone finds a page or section that is wrong or simply out of date then I suggest you flag it with the Improvement Flag. It can then be reviewed and fixed.

Also, is there a wiki page or a good forum post regarding the metadata and xml format / features in recent versions of the video library?