Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error message: "Sorry, this system does not support the required VMR9 video render."

Hybrid View

Error message: "Sorry, this system does not support the required VMR9 video render."

I have read through previous threads on this, and it seems not to apply to my problem. Here's the issue:

--I come out of standby by pressing the power button on the PC.
    --Rather than seeing the GBPVR main menu (from which I entered standby), I see the XP desktop with this error message: "Sorry, this system does not support the required VMR9 video render." Actually, the system throws up TWO of those error messages, one on top the other.
    --So I turn on my main PC (since my GBPVR PC is in the entertainment center with no KB/mouse), fire up VNC, close each of the two error message boxes, click on my "StartGBPVR" utility icon, and GBPVR launches just fine. We proceed to watch recorded shows without a problem.
    --This occurs only intermittently - maybe once every five times I come out of standby.
    --I also hear a little "pop" sound typically made by those little XP balloon messages from the taskbar, but by the time I fly up to try to read it, it disappears. Tonight I caught a brief glimpse, and (I think) I saw the word "power".

This system records shows without a hitch, play-back is flawless, and episode guide updates are working great. There's no other problem that I'm aware of - everything is working very well - except this.

Here are the relevant log lines:

-----

From the pvrx2.exe-2.log:

2009-12-09 23:24:40.541 ERROR [1] Shutting down due to error (probably no VMR9 support): System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.

at GBPVRX2.x0061b801bdf12d35..ctor(Boolean animate, String directStartTask, Boolean forceWindowMode, Boolean forceFullscreen)

at GBPVRX2.xb979ad394703258e.xfb409e85bd292293(String[] xf18a926310372520)

-----

And this was in the pvrx2.exe-native-2.log from when the system woke up to do an episode guide update at 6:00 yesterday AM. The guide updated just fine (I checked and I have a full 14 days, so I know it's updating):

2009-12-09 05:58:55.515 VERBOSE Able to SwitchD. Checking for VMR9 support.

2009-12-09 05:58:55.562 VERBOSE DirectShowPlayerVMR9Custom()...VMR9 not supported

2009-12-09 05:58:55.562 VERBOSE DeleteSurfaces

2009-12-09 05:58:55.562 VERBOSE DirectShowPlayerBase destructor called...

------

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    GBPVR 1.4.7; VMR Full Screen Exclusive; Cyberlink Video SP Decoder; XP Home; DirectX 9c; Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150; Asus P5B-E motherboard with on-board sound; NVidia GeForce 7600GS/256MB; Intel Core2Duo E6400 2.13GHz; 4 GB RAM; This PC is dedicated to GBPVR & connected to an old standard def TV via S-Video cable.

Mine does this too and is consistant. It seems to be related to the video drivers not being reloaded before gbpvr gets reloaded after standby. I now use hibernate withougt the issue but as a result I can't start the PC with the remote. There may be a way to slowdown the reload of the app to resolve
    Win7 Enterprise, ASUS M2A-VM HDMI, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.7GHz, ASUS 9400GT, 2GB Ram, 500Gb HDD, 1000Gb HDD, Hauppauge HVR-2200, Hauppauge Nova S plus, Hauppauge HDR-4000, 42" LG LCD

Thanks lost@c. That would explain it.

I'd switch to hibernate, but I can't seem to get hibernate to go to sleep after recording. It wakes just fine, but remains awake.

Does anyone know of a way to delay GBPVR loading when coming out of standby?
    GBPVR 1.4.7; VMR Full Screen Exclusive; Cyberlink Video SP Decoder; XP Home; DirectX 9c; Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150; Asus P5B-E motherboard with on-board sound; NVidia GeForce 7600GS/256MB; Intel Core2Duo E6400 2.13GHz; 4 GB RAM; This PC is dedicated to GBPVR & connected to an old standard def TV via S-Video cable.

yea, on xp i have a little script that can run a program on suspend,and upon resume from suspend.. [search for suspdeny]
    or you could use the gbpvr_monitor script that does a whole bunch more stuff..
    or if you use hip it has this ability built-in..[scheduler]
    i modded attached to run the cmd needed by default with no params at all..
    use suspdeny /? for help...
    just put shortcut in startup folder for normal use..
    [hit pause key to exit program]

i'm wondering tho just what is Delayedstart.exe and what it is for?
    Last edited by pBS; 2009-12-11 at 06:58 AM.
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    2. C2D 2.53, XPPro, ATI HD3450, Kworld 330U, Comm. Skin, GBpvr 1.4.7
    Author: Pvrx2 utils- Simple Archiver.bat, NTFSLinker [Junction gui]
    Universal Util: MCE Remote no-software trick and Shutdown Protector
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]

I still get this error too, but only when the PVR resumes for automated tasks at five in the morning - updating the EPG, backing up videos and so on - not when I restart it manually. I'm trying to build into StartPVRX2 a module that detects when resuming for automated tasks, so that it doesn't try to restart PVRX2 but it's still under development. I'm hoping that this will fix the issue for those running my utility.
    - Super-quiet PVR: Antec Fusion case / Gigabyte 780G / 2.5GHz AMD X2 4850e / 2GB RAM / silent ATI 4650 graphics / 30GB SSD + 1.5TB HDD / 2 x Hauppauge HVR4000 / Win7+nPVR -->Pioneer 42" plasma + Arcam FMJ AV9/P7 pre-amp/power-amp 5.1 surround system into PMC GB1 speakers.

the manual intervention of resuming manually should bring screen up normally...not so with scheduled stuff..[assumes no user present]
    i believe you just need to call a reset of 'screen required' timers every once in a while, while your utils are running..
    [DllCall ("kernel32.dll","long","SetThreadExecutionState "," long",0x00000002)]

ive done a lot of research on this subject and have code to play with if you want..
    mostly just dll calls, i'm using it in autoit3..got working suspend and shutdown for xp and mostly for vista/win7 as they changed things a bit for those os's..

to do it you have to intercept suspend request, then cancell it, then run user program, then continue suspend after...upon resume have to detect resume and run program..
    for shutdowns i intercept and cancel shutdown, etc,etc..same as suspend modes..
    [but i check if recording to deny shutdowns/suspends during]

actually if you uncompile that .exe above you'll have the code...
    [autoit3 latest ver.]

incidentally, you can suspdeny to kill gbpvr on suspend, and restart it after delay upon resume to totally solve the problem..
    but much nicer if can get it to resume display when resuming, pvrx2 will show same page/plugin you were on when suspended..and quicker too..

which is what i think is the problem, display not being resumed from scheduleds, causing d3d errors..

you can use WOSB program to just do the 'needs screen' and 'needs system' automatically upon resume too...works great..
    [not using any of the other features necessarily]

from MSDN:
    To run properly on a power-managed computer, applications such as fax servers, answering machines, backup agents, and network management applications must use both ES_SYSTEM_REQUIRED and ES_CONTINUOUS (0x80000000+0x00000004=0x80000004) when they process events. Multimedia applications, such as video players and presentation applications, must use ES_DISPLAY_REQUIRED (0x00000002) when they display video for long periods of time without user input. Applications such as word processors, spreadsheets, browsers, and games do not need to call SetThreadExecutionState.
    Last edited by pBS; 2009-12-12 at 03:57 AM.
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]

quick solution

here's a quick and simple solution...
    http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php...63&postcount=7
    gbpvrwake and fullresume...
    took forever to find the download...lol

and OMG! there's a wiki page!
    http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/F...utomaticWakeup

Quote Originally Posted by pBS View Post
    yea, on xp i have a little script that can run a program on suspend,and upon resume from suspend.. [search for suspdeny]
    Thanks pBS. I was tied up and slow getting to this, but I tried suspdeny and I still get the same error message (which halts pvrx2). I'm probably not using suspdeny correctly. When you say to access help by using "suspdeny /?" what do you mean? All I'm doing is putting the suspdeny.exe file you provided into my startup folder and it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

...incidentally, you can suspdeny to kill gbpvr on suspend, and restart it after delay upon resume to totally solve the problem..
    This is exactly what I'd like to do, but I don't know how to use suspdeny or change its settings, and I'm not able to access a help file or documentation. I have a feeling I'm probably missing something obvious, but if you could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

here's a quick and simple solution...
    http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php...63&postcount=7
    gbpvrwake and fullresume...
    took forever to find the download...lol

and OMG! there's a wiki page!
    http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/F...utomaticWakeup
    This works perfectly. Now my PVR is complete and working, WAF has gone up, so no more messing with the machine.

Until I install an SSD and upgrade the OS to Win7....
    - Super-quiet PVR: Antec Fusion case / Gigabyte 780G / 2.5GHz AMD X2 4850e / 2GB RAM / silent ATI 4650 graphics / 30GB SSD + 1.5TB HDD / 2 x Hauppauge HVR4000 / Win7+nPVR -->Pioneer 42" plasma + Arcam FMJ AV9/P7 pre-amp/power-amp 5.1 surround system into PMC GB1 speakers.

Thanks liteswap! I read that wiki awhile back when I was struggling with the black-screen problem, and I thought it only applied to that issue. A driver update fixed the black-screen issue for me, so I never actually tried it. And when pBS mentioned in this thread, I didn't think it would apply to the VMR9 error - I was focused on trying to use suspdeny.exe. I'll definitely give this a try.

As I read through the instructions in the wiki I'm unclear about the third file that's referenced (wake.cmd). There's no link to download it. Do I just create a new empty text file, copy the code into it, and name it "wake.cmd"?

Thanks for the help. And thanks for StartPVRX2! It's the only utility I use.