Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glossary on Wiki

the definitions are incorrect for mvpmc and mvpmcx2
    This is a request to the community. Anyone got any ideas how better to define these 2 items on the Glossary?

I can give some hints I've had from a PM but as it was a PM I will only PM them!

Cheers

Steeb
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

NextPVR Documentation (wiki) admin/contributor

As there are entries for MVPMC & MVPMCX2 I wondered if you'd mind having a look and seeing if you agree/disagree with what has been described.
    I disagree since neither of them is a "dongle" they are both programs. Maybe describe dongle The MVP contains no operating system or programs, the "dongle" is all the software needed to make the MVP work.
    Hope this saves some PM's

Martin

Hope this saves some PM's
    Martin, not sure why but everytime you post it makes me smile! Thanks. That has to be a good thing.

Everyone else don't need PM's that was the thing that Martin wrote, but I just need clever words, and not many............

MVPMC
    MVPMCX2
    and maybe dongle could all be better explained, I use some of these but doesn't mean I know what to say about them

All the best

Steeb
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Should anyone be interested link again:

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manual/Glossary

If you look at the bottom of glossary there are now 2 x alternative formats. 1 is a line break version, other is my pathetic attempt at working out how to do tables on the Wiki.

Should point out that the table would have 1st column width consistent not like it looks now. So Column width as large as largest entry. Just found out we can add colours on the Wiki, didn't know that, there is an example but rubbish colour, but still....

I'm just after some votes, and I know alot of people don't respond on Doc Forum

I'll go with either line break version or Table version (which needs me to explore the Wiki possibilities of tables a bit more) only after 2 or 3 votes either way to win......! No votes then who knows what I'll do

Best cheers

Steeb
    Last edited by steeb; 2009-11-29 at 02:57 AM.

I added another example of a table at the end of the page as well.
    Fatman_do

HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver

Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

I vote for the last of the four styles.....
    Regards Systemshark

Lounge: HDPC Intel i5, Asus Motherboard with Intel HDMI, 4Gb of Ram, 1Tb Disk, 60Gb SSD, Blackgold BT3595 Tuner, Hauppauge Nova T500 and HVR1700 in a LianLi C39 B Case.

Other Room : Liteon Wireless Media Centre/DVD Player

Software : Windows7 32 Bit, RedRat, XMLTV GUI and NPVR

I like the 2nd style

Quote Originally Posted by JEF View Post
    I like the 2nd style
    Me too...

You can also break each segment via first letter, then have a table of contents link to quicken search.

I added an example at the end of the page there as well. You can use tables there also.
    Last edited by Fatman_do; 2009-11-29 at 08:23 PM.
    Fatman_do

HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver

Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

FatmanDo,

like this last idea, but is there any way I can link it on Wiki? i.e select 't' and it takes me to 't' in table?

Of course I'm, just cocking about Sorry this refers to another thread

Cheers

Steeb