Thread: MVP goes black Live TV

MVP goes black Live TV

Hi,

running MVPMC dongle 29.11.08. Did major rebuild a couple of weeks ago with GBPVR v1.4.7 been tweaking ever since!

What I have noticed is that all 3 of my MVP's stop playing LiveTV after a while and the screen goes black. BUT it hasn't locked up, if I change channel the video pops straight back up again. Not one of those hangs that can happen with the MVP, the video is still there but just black screen. The weirdest thing of all is I have worked out it happens at the end of a programme. If I am watching a 1/2 hr programme it goes black at the end of it, a feature film will keep going until that ends then go to black!

No logs attached in case this is a known thing but couldn't find a reference to it.

Cheers

Steeb
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

NextPVR Documentation (wiki) admin/contributor

This is a known problem http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=43657 with the NMT and MVP.

Martin

Cheers Martin,

didn't find that thread will look up.

All the best

Steeb
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Hi Martin,

just to confirm I've read the thread right, there is not a solution to this yet and the problem lies within GBPVR?

Steeb

I can't say, one way or another I'm not expecting a fix until 1.5.x

Martin

Hi Martin,

many thanks, this is not a major problem as I know the MVP is still running the video, it was more that my wife couldn't understand that it was still there just black video/no audio.

Can I take this opportunity to just thank you again for all the great stuff you do around here.

Let's wait for v1.5.x!

Take care

Steeb