Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Inhibit Computer Shutdown While Recording

Quote Originally Posted by b00sfuk View Post
    This inspired me again to have another look at my set-up. Still cannot get a solution though with iMON.
    Currently have the iMON remote configured with a standby button (Windows standby in the iMON app) that takes the PC in and out of standby. I can disable the PC power button in Windows power management and configure the iMON app to issue a PC Power button command but this shuts the PC down anyway so no use. Would love to configure a button on the remote that took the PC out of standby but did not put it into it (relying as DanielP does with inactivity to do it).
    IIRC, the iMon receiver is USB based. You would need to set the power management settings of that particular USB port to not get turned off, and also to allow it to wake the PC.
    These can be set in Device Manager > USB controllers > USB Root Hub (right-click, Properties) > Power Management. Untick "Allow the computer to turn off...", tick "Allow this device to wake..."

Quote Originally Posted by Antmannz View Post
    IIRC, the iMon receiver is USB based. You would need to set the power management settings of that particular USB port to not get turned off, and also to allow it to wake the PC.
    These can be set in Device Manager > USB controllers > USB Root Hub (right-click, Properties) > Power Management. Untick "Allow the computer to turn off...", tick "Allow this device to wake..."
    Yes, that is how I have it set up and it works for both waking (and starting as it is also wired into the power switch) and sleeping. The problem is getting it not to put it into standby (so as not to risk standby while recording)but allow it to wake.
    Silverstone LC10M with iMON
    Gigabyte 780G+4850e, AMD 6570
    Blackgold BGT3620, Harmony 555 Remote
    Win7 32-bit, SAF

can't you just *not* map the key in your software? or map it to a key that doesn't do anything..
    the wake part is all hardware, remapping keys in windows won't change it's behavior..
    basically if the dongle sees the right code it sends wake cmd thru usb no matter what..
    then if in windows it's mapped to nothing, no sleep...[map what the key does in windows, don't change the output ir code]
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    2. C2D 2.53, XPPro, ATI HD3450, Kworld 330U, Comm. Skin, GBpvr 1.4.7
    Author: Pvrx2 utils- Simple Archiver.bat, NTFSLinker [Junction gui]
    Universal Util: MCE Remote no-software trick and Shutdown Protector
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]