Thread: No TV Guide or Live TV

No TV Guide or Live TV

Hi, I recently bought a Hauppauge TD-500, so decided to try some third-party software as WinTV seemed very slow.

So I have installed the latest release and followed the guide for DVB Tuner setup. I completed the configuration successfully and saw that the scan had picked up a decent number of channels. Something didn't seem right when I updated the EPG though; the guide stated that it may take a while, but it took merely a few seconds and then closed. I didn't see any EPG data and didn't see a list of channels.

My problem is that in the PVRX2 program I am unable to click on TV Guide or Live TV. All other functions seems to work (settings etc).

I ran pvrx2.exe -updateepgonly. The log is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by KingLear View Post
    Hi, I recently bought a Hauppauge TD-500, so decided to try some third-party software as WinTV seemed very slow.

So I have installed the latest release and followed the guide for DVB Tuner setup. I completed the configuration successfully and saw that the scan had picked up a decent number of channels. Something didn't seem right when I updated the EPG though; the guide stated that it may take a while, but it took merely a few seconds and then closed. I didn't see any EPG data and didn't see a list of channels.

My problem is that in the PVRX2 program I am unable to click on TV Guide or Live TV. All other functions seems to work (settings etc).

I ran pvrx2.exe -updateepgonly. The log is attached.

Any help is appreciated.
    Did you map the channels and are they enabled?

He can't map any channels because he's getting no epg data.

@KingLear: are you trying to use the DVB broadcast epg?
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    He can't map any channels because he's getting no epg data.

@KingLear: are you trying to use the DVB broadcast epg?
    His scan picks up channels so he should be able to map them if he is using the DVB EPG option. He would just get "No Show Details" until the EPG update is done.