Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing Channels

Cool Missing Channels

I'm missing some channels (like MSNBC) that are available in HDHomeRun QuickTV but not in GBPVR.

How do I get the same channels that are available on HDHR to appear on GBPVR?

hi zb1,

I ran into exact same problem with a fresh install of GBPVR10407 on Vista x64 SP2. my advice is to use "re-scan" button (if we talking about digital QAM channels). it seems that for some reason GBPVR10407 misses a block of "some" (every time different) channels during scanning. re-scan should reveal missing ones. it may be related to the the signal strength tough.

I used WinTV7 to compare discovered QAM channels and was sure that a huge piece of them was missing the first time. after rescan the missed one came up in GBPVR, but unfortunately some others (formerly found) got lost. strange... good thing that GBPVR doesn't loose mapping settings (once saved) even after it cannot find the channel anymore after re-scan.
    .: ESPRESSO :. eVGA 790i Ultra| Q9450 @ 3.6GHz 24/7 | 2x4GB Mushkin Enhanced | eVGA GTX 570 | Hauppauge HVR-1800MCE
    running win7 x64 SP1 with NPVR2.1.5 R1

Quote Originally Posted by zb1 View Post
    I'm missing some channels (like MSNBC) that are available in HDHomeRun QuickTV but not in GBPVR.

How do I get the same channels that are available on HDHR to appear on GBPVR?
    Try adjusting the following values in config.xml:

Code:
      <BDAPsiScanStartupSeconds>5</BDAPsiScanStartupSeconds>
      <BDAPsiScanWaitSeconds>25</BDAPsiScanWaitSeconds>

Sub,

Can this be added to the config settings? I spent hours rescanning with no luck and wildly different results on each scan until I found this setting.
    -Jim
    ---------------------------------------------
    GBPVR Website
    GBPVR Wiki

After you make these changes do you have to restart the config program?

Any mod to change the minimum signal level needed to register as an active channel?

Ok I answered my own question. Yep, restarted the config and now I'm detecting all the local HD channels. I have a HVR 2250 Digital (I can't spell Hauppaugh!)
    Last edited by muckleroy; 2009-11-19 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muckleroy View Post
    After you make these changes do you have to restart the config program?

Any mod to change the minimum signal level needed to register as an active channel?

Ok I answered my own question. Yep, restarted the config and now I'm detecting all the local HD channels. I have a HVR 2250 Digital (I can't spell Hauppaugh!)
    You've got it fixed but for anyone else who reads this, the change should be applied while Config is not running otherwise click "OK" to exit Config can overwrite the change with the old values.

Close on spelling. Change the last "h" to an "e" and you had it: Hauppauge

There's another critical setting that I needed to put in for I started seeing a lot of channels. The 116KHz scan? Don't recall, but it made the difference. However, I'm still not able to see all of them and the scans still return seemingly various data. WinTV 7 is picking up all of the channels though. Is there a known issue with the GBPVR scan?
    -Jim
    GBPVR Website
    GBPVR Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by jtokach View Post
    WinTV 7 is picking up all of the channels though. Is there a known issue with the GBPVR scan?
    Its funny, given I also wrote WinTV 7, you'd think I'd manage to find the same channels in GB-PVR.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I also wrote WinTV 7
    I had assumed as much ... but it seemed impolite to ask.

The New Guy moniker could not be more misleading!
    AMD A75, 4 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N210
    1 x Blackgold BGT3620 dual DVB-T2
    1 x kworld USB dual DVB-T (IT9135)
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-t PCI

Ah ha! The Paradox of Freeware Development. Holding out on the good stuff! LOL =)

I didn't know you wrote WinTV 7 also. I suppose then you have a good idea as to what's going on here. I was looking in the WinTV registry and config files to find the data I needed to fill in to GBPVR for a few channels that GBPVR refuses to find, but came up empty.

I've been concatenating the results of each scan into a master file that I then copy into the scan.config files and I have an almost full listing now minus the above.

Note also that Manual Scan almost always crashes, or goes into an infinite loop where it adds one channel inifinitely and I have to kill it.

Another thing too, one channel that I was not able to find has data in it that the interface wouldn't allow me to remove, but I have it disabled on both 2250 QAM sources and enabled in the analog, yet the other night it recorded the church channel instead of Melrose and my wife is pissed. =)
    -Jim
    GBPVR Website
    GBPVR Wiki