Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Archive feature on recording screen..

An Archive feature on recording screen..

Hi, I know this could be done with a plugin, but I like to keep things simple.

On the recordings detail panel there's Play, Delete, Close. COuld we get an "Archive" function. This would archive the episode from it's current location to another location. Basically replacing the recordings directory part path with a new path.

Eg My recordings path is G:\Recordings
    Archived Recordings say \\Aragorn\Recordings
    AMD FM1 x4 A8-3870 Llano, Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, Seagate 500 Gb, Seagate 1500 Gb, HVR3000 x 2 (DVB-S), Nova-T 500 (DVB-T), USB-Uirt, SPDIF -> Yamaha RX-V540, ATI HD6550 (OnBoard) > Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, NPVR 2.4.3, AC3Filter, 1 x Popcorn Hour A-100, 1 x AppleTV with Plex

bump for comment
    AMD FM1 x4 A8-3870 Llano, Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, Seagate 500 Gb, Seagate 1500 Gb, HVR3000 x 2 (DVB-S), Nova-T 500 (DVB-T), USB-Uirt, SPDIF -> Yamaha RX-V540, ATI HD6550 (OnBoard) > Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, NPVR 2.4.3, AC3Filter, 1 x Popcorn Hour A-100, 1 x AppleTV with Plex

I'm in the middle of some reasonably recording changes, so I'll add this to the wish list of things to do for those changes.

cool, I've been using pBS's SuperSimpleArchive scripts for doing it from the video library, but would like to have some sort of automated/queued way of doing it. At the moment have a home server and gbpvr as separate machines, later on I'd like them to be the same, so if may become less of an issue.

But at the moment manual archiving kind of works, would just be nicer if off the recording screen.

Next just need to figure out how to give the home server the metadata maybe so it can be removed from the gbpvr database.

I'd love to see an Archive function, With Xrecord being lost as a plugin, Archiving went with it. Basically moving the recordings to a different location.

I'd like to be able to archive from Recordings and Videos through, and ideally make a NEW Archived menu, so the Recordings screen remained lean and clean.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 @ 2.5GHz | Win7 x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x PVR-150 | 2 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post
    cool, I've been using pBS's SuperSimpleArchive scripts for doing it from the video library, but would like to have some sort of automated/queued way of doing it. At the moment have a home server and gbpvr as separate machines, later on I'd like them to be the same, so if may become less of an issue.

But at the moment manual archiving kind of works, would just be nicer if off the recording screen.

Next just need to figure out how to give the home server the metadata maybe so it can be removed from the gbpvr database.
    You can let npvr save the metadata as a separate .xml file, there is an option for that in Config.xml.

"Show me your passport and I'll tell you who you are"
    (new Norwegian saying)

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    I'd love to see an Archive function, With Xrecord being lost as a plugin, Archiving went with it. Basically moving the recordings to a different location.

I'd like to be able to archive from Recordings and Videos through, and ideally make a NEW Archived menu, so the Recordings screen remained lean and clean.
    I'd still really love an archive function ....
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 @ 2.5GHz | Win7 x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x PVR-150 | 2 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    I'd still really love an archive function ....
    Me, too...

Me three....

still hanging out for that magic archiver option ... archive show, archive multiple shows ... ?