Thread: LiveTV is jumping frames

LiveTV is jumping frames

When I try playing LiveTV, the player plays the show. The problem is that I get no audio and it keeps jumping frames only every few seconds. In the config, my channels such as 3 WETM, keeps mysteriously getting its source channel changed to weird numbers like 100 for example. It is supposed to be 3.

How can I get the player functioning again and have audio and smooth video?
    Is there any way to keep my channels from getting their source changed and screwed up?

Thanks

logs

logs would definitely help here...
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    2. C2D 2.53, XPPro, ATI HD3450, Kworld 330U, Comm. Skin, GBpvr 1.4.7
    Author: Pvrx2 utils- Simple Archiver.bat, NTFSLinker [Junction gui]
    Universal Util: MCE Remote no-software trick and Shutdown Protector
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]

In zip format in attachment:

Edit: For the channels being changed, I think it only happens when EPG is updated. I also think the jumping frames and no audio might have something to do with signal delay (not enough).
    Is there any way to set a delay for TV watching and recording (a few seconds)?
    Last edited by Sanman99; 2009-09-13 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanman99 View Post
    When I try playing LiveTV, the player plays the show. The problem is that I get no audio and it keeps jumping frames only every few seconds.
    My guess is something has caused your setup to get poor reception now, and its only receiving a very broken stream.

In the config, my channels such as 3 WETM, keeps mysteriously getting its source channel changed to weird numbers like 100 for example. It is supposed to be 3.
    I'll probably be setting it to that because you're trying to renumber it to a channel number that was already in use.

That was helpful. I'm pretty sure it's not a signal problem. I deleted all my channels and put them back on and now they work. I am still having the other delay problem. When I hit pause the screen turns black. I hit play and the video plays flawlessly. This is somewhat annoying but I can deal with it. I really can't pause then play the video when I schedule a recording can I? That would be very useful if I could.

For that problem, is there a way to automatically delay for when I record or play Live TV? If there isn't that feature, could it please be added?

Thanks

Edit: I also don't have as many buttons before I pause then play.
    Last edited by Sanman99; 2009-09-13 at 05:15 PM.

Sorry for the double post. I just wanted to post a screenshot of my screen. This is a screenshot of the menu before I pause then play. At this point the video is jumping frames and has no audio.

When you're using live preview mode live tv, video goes straight from the capture card to the screen/speakers, with no buffering performed (and never seen a need for it in the past). In this mode, if you're seeing broken playback, then that is what is being delivered by your capture device.

When you're in timeshift mode live tv, you can specify a delay using the 'Live TV Pre-Play Delay' in the config app.

When I go into Live TV there are only about 4 buttons. Even after I set the delay to 5000 and I'm still seeing the bad video.

I think the problem must not be the delay then. What occurs when I press the pause then play button that makes the screen turn black and more buttons appear? Is there a way to make this happen automatically?

I think the problem is different than the delay now. I think it has something to do with those buttons disappearing. How can I fix it?
    Edit: maybe the the delay isn't even happening. That's probably why the screen turns black, to create a delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanman99 View Post
    When I go into Live TV there are only about 4 buttons. Even after I set the delay to 5000 and I'm still seeing the bad video.
    Since you're only seeing four buttons, then you're in live preview mode, and as mentioned above this means the video/audio is going straight from the card to screen/speakers, and no delay applied.

What occurs when I press the pause then play button that makes the screen turn black and more buttons appear? Is there a way to make this happen automatically?
    When you hit pause, it switches to timeshift mode. You can get it run always in timeshift mode by unticking the live preview mode setting in the config app.

Thank you for your help! GB-PVR works amazingly now!