Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Start and end time -25:-49:-45 on PCH, but looks OK on PC client

Start and end time -25:-49:-45 on PCH, but looks OK on PC client

Yesterday I recorded a TV show (DVB-C) that has a strange start and end time in the time line of the OSD on the PCH. But when I play it with GBPVR on my PC the timeline is fine, and skipping works to. I do notice that GBPVR has some trouble getting the right end time, the seconds change a lot in the beginning of the file.
    I've had several of these recordings lately, and the problem is that I can't skip forward (or backward) with that messed up timeline. There probably are some reception errors in the file, but since it plays in the PC client, I'd like the same behaviour in mvpmcx2

Chris
    i5 750 4GB RAM, W7 Home Premium 64 bit, Digital Devices Cine CT V6 dual DVB-C, KNC One DVB-C, OSCam on a Raspberry Pi with a Smargo Smartreader+, Egreat M34A, Popcorn Hour A-100.

Chris, the timeline is GBPVR's responsibility, and it might be a result of padding. If it is a recording problem this patch which I have been monitoring might solve it http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=23 Otherwise it is up to sub to address this somehow. Running TSMuXeR on the file might also help temporarily.

Martin

Chris, post the MVP-PVRx2.exe.log and I'll take a look.

Here are the logs. Thanks!
    i5 750 4GB RAM, W7 Home Premium 64 bit, Digital Devices Cine CT V6 dual DVB-C, KNC One DVB-C, OSCam on a Raspberry Pi with a Smargo Smartreader+, Egreat M34A, Popcorn Hour A-100.

How big is the recording? I'm curious if its worth downloading it so I can see the problem and fix it.

It'll be something like the timeline wrapping, or they changed the timeline in the broadcast as two shows were joined together. Either way, hard to fix withoutr seeing the problem myself.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    How big is the recording? I'm curious if its worth downloading it so I can see the problem and fix it.

It'll be something like the timeline wrapping, or they changed the timeline in the broadcast as two shows were joined together. Either way, hard to fix withoutr seeing the problem myself.
    It's 2 GB. But maybe I can cut out a piece and still get the same behaviour. I'll try tonight.

There's a useful program called mpeg2repair that might be able to report where the problems in the file exist. http://home.roadrunner.com/~mwilczyn/mpeg2/

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    There's a useful program called mpeg2repair that might be able to report where the problems in the file exist. http://home.roadrunner.com/~mwilczyn/mpeg2/
    Thanks, Martin. I'll try that to.

You can download a 200 MB sample at http://www.xs4all.nl/~degit/Chunk.ts. I tried a sample of 100 MB, but that one didn't have a timeline problem. So the cause could be between 100 en 200 MB? I haven't tried Martin's suggestion yet. Time isn't on my side tonight.

Chris

I get these about once per week on ATSC recordings via an HDHR.