Thread: Odd Behavior Of MVP/GB_PVR Server

Unhappy

Well, I finally got the new machine up and running, and I'm listening to internet radio as I write this via GB-PVR. But.....

If I shut off the power to my MediaMVP via the remote, and later turn it on, it goes back to the standard MVP application. If I repeat the sequence, the GB-PVR MediaMVP server window quits, and I have to reboot the computer and unplug the MediaMVP.

Is this normal behavior, or do I have something funky in my setup. I did get the beta MVP software from the Hauppauge website.

Thanks!

If you going to use gbpvr, you need to stop hauappuage software server first, i disable mine in my computer under manage(services), but anyway after you have stopped this start gbpvrmvp server ...Should be good to go..

Even better, if you are going to use the MediaMVP *only* with GB-PVR, then you don't even need to install the MediaMVP software at all!
    P4 3.0 Ghz (hyperthreaded), 1024 MB DDR
    XP Pro SP2
    20 GB system drive
    2x 250 GB data drives, RAID 0
    Hauppauge PVR-350
    Hauppauge PVR-150MCE
    Hauppauge PVR-500
    3x Hauppauge MediaMVP

Thumbs up

Thanks for the assist! Works like a dream now!

Quote Originally Posted by AOSandman
    Even better, if you are going to use the MediaMVP *only* with GB-PVR, then you don't even need to install the MediaMVP software at all!
    If you power down the Media MVP (unplug/replug) and power it up again, does it not need the Hauppauge Media servers to be running when it says 'contacting servers...'?

Nope, it does not.

Small correction: if you have a DHCP server somewhere in your network you don't have to have the Hauppauge Server software running while restarting the MVP. Usually a network router will act as a DHCP server.

Hmmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by HenkH
    Small correction: if you have a DHCP server somewhere in your network you don't have to have the Hauppauge Server software running while restarting the MVP. Usually a network router will act as a DHCP server.
    That's really odd, then. I've just checked my NetGear router for DHCP services being on, and I do need the Hauppauge Server to restart the MVP. And the MVP does not like to get powered off and on via the remote and link back up at full duplex. Any hints?

Does your GB-PVR box get it's IP address from the router too? If not, you need to make sure it is on the same subnet as the DHCP addresses being assigned by the router.
    P4 3.0 Ghz (hyperthreaded), 1024 MB DDR
    XP Pro SP2
    20 GB system drive
    2x 250 GB data drives, RAID 0
    Hauppauge PVR-350
    Hauppauge PVR-150MCE
    Hauppauge PVR-500
    3x Hauppauge MediaMVP