Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Initial Setup Guides for GBPVR 1.4.7

Initial Setup Guides for GBPVR 1.4.7

I've and Whuston have created three setup guides for GBPVR. These documents are for new users to GBPVR.

Three Guides are currently available :-

1. Initial Setup Guide for DVB / Freeview Cards using GBPVR 1.4.7
    2. Initial Setup Guide for Analogue TV using GBPVR 1.4.7
    3. Initial Setup Guide - ATSC and QAM Tuner for GBPVR 1.4.7

SystemShark's Edits :-

Updated documents 1&2 with correct screenshot.

Whurlston's Comments :-

I did not address muxes, etc. because they are subjective. There are different reasons for using different muxes (and should be covered in a different document). The initial tuner configuration and mapping is the same for all users (with the possible exception of HDHomeRun users).
    Last edited by systemshark; 2009-09-15 at 08:45 AM.
    Regards Systemshark

Lounge: HDPC Intel i5, Asus Motherboard with Intel HDMI, 4Gb of Ram, 1Tb Disk, 60Gb SSD, Blackgold BT3595 Tuner, Hauppauge Nova T500 and HVR1700 in a LianLi C39 B Case.

Other Room : Liteon Wireless Media Centre/DVD Player

Software : Windows7 32 Bit, RedRat, XMLTV GUI and NPVR

I'll be creating a QAM/ATSC guide tonight.

I've had a look at the DVB version - excellent and very clear...

My only query is on page 9 - setting the recording location. The video library directories really don't have anything to do with recordings. I would have expected to see you either explicitly creating a c:\temp dir or better, creating a meaningful dir eg c:\GBPVR Recordings and then selecting it in the Recordings Directory and Live TV Buffer Directory dialogs.

In the past, I've seen a lot of new users having problems because the c:\temp doesn't exist.

Alex

edit: unless something has changed in 1.4.7

Quote Originally Posted by ACTCMS View Post
    I've had a look at the DVB version - excellent and very clear...

My only query is on page 9 - setting the recording location. The video library directories really don't have anything to do with recordings. I would have expected to see you either explicitly creating a c:\temp dir or better, creating a meaningful dir eg c:\GBPVR Recordings and then selecting it in the Recordings Directory and Live TV Buffer Directory dialogs.

In the past, I've seen a lot of new users having problems because the c:\temp doesn't exist.

Alex

edit: unless something has changed in 1.4.7

Thanks for spotting the Screen Shot Error. I've updated both documents....
    Regards Systemshark

Lounge: HDPC Intel i5, Asus Motherboard with Intel HDMI, 4Gb of Ram, 1Tb Disk, 60Gb SSD, Blackgold BT3595 Tuner, Hauppauge Nova T500 and HVR1700 in a LianLi C39 B Case.

I just had a read through your guides & you have done a damned good job .......but would it be worth adding something about the channel tab in config, it seems like lots of users don't know about it.

Ditto - and how about adding some detail about checkboxes such as MultiRecord?
    - Super-quiet PVR: Antec Fusion case / Gigabyte 780G / 2.5GHz AMD X2 4850e / 2GB RAM / silent ATI 4650 graphics / 30GB SSD + 1.5TB HDD / 2 x Hauppauge HVR4000 / Win7+nPVR -->Pioneer 42" plasma + Arcam FMJ AV9/P7 pre-amp/power-amp 5.1 surround system into PMC GB1 speakers.

Nice work!

I noticed in the Analogue setup you mention:

Now Select the Recording Quality. Personally Id select High Quality.

I don't believe this does anything like set a default for the card. You can go in and edit each profile to tune it's settings, but simply selecting it in the list and clicking OK does not set it as a default profile...
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

Just wondering how that ATSC guide is coming along? I could use it

Quote Originally Posted by liteswap View Post
    Ditto - and how about adding some detail about checkboxes such as MultiRecord?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
    I just had a read through your guides & you have done a damned good job .......but would it be worth adding something about the channel tab in config, it seems like lots of users don't know about it.
    Nice ideas, but I wouldn't like to see the setup guides becoming a PDF wiki...

Quote Originally Posted by McBainUK View Post
    Nice ideas, but I wouldn't like to see the setup guides becoming a PDF wiki...
    I'm basically thinking the same, I'm not planning to do this otherwise I am going to end up writing a complete GBPVR user manual.
    Regards Systemshark