Thread: skin and setting files

Gents,

Im going to release a new version of Guide2J soon This version will have the standard horizontal time-line view, as well as two vertical time-line views (descriptions in line with the programs title, and the description somewhere else on the screen only for the selected program).

As a relative new comer to plug-in development I have a question.

I was thinking of having a settings.xml file as well as 3 skin files one for each view. Id imagine that each view the end user would want it to look different? I could put all of the skin information in one file (Im doing it now for dev) however, this skin file is rather large and confusing.

Would this be a no-no in GBPVR plugin developlement?

nah all my skins are large and confusing, dont worry about it, perhaps just put a comment over the extremely confusing lines for the default skin, if anyone has any problems they can always ask.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (reven @ Mar. 01 2005,02:40)]nah all my skins are large and confusing.
    I'm sure there is a joke in here if only I could spot it *

I am in the process of chaning the skins for the video archive plug-in to be one skin per screen rather than one large skin file for everything. It creates some redundancy, but I thin kit makes it much easier to maintain and understand (and reskin).

Jeff

I will most likely follow your lead on easier to use skin files.