Thread: 5 minute freezing

Question 5 minute freezing

heya
    I've got a really strange problem. At about 5.15secs into playing a recording on gvpvr 1.3.11, the picture freezes and I have to exit the video and restart it (gets a big laggy for a few secs exiting out). 5 mins or so later, the same thing happens again. Sound continues fine though, even though the picture is 'frozen'.

It's a new clean install of Windows Vista 32bit. I had GBPVR running previously on the same machine with same codecs with no issues.
    I re-installed again (managed to stuff something up on the previous install), and everything is fine, except the 5 minute problem. I'm using the same config file as before, same codecs, and even did a line by line comparison of my old config and new. no difference. I've changed TS settings, codecs, etc.. But no solution after 3 days of trying to resolve it.
    It does not occur on watching LiveTV unless I am recording at the same time.
    Log files are set in debug mode, and they are not showing anything that could indicate an issue.

Anyone got any ideas? Really pulling my hair out cos I love gvpvr..unfortunately wifey is not loving me at the moment

Installed is vista with all updates, pdvd8, haupaugge Nova dual tuner with v1.1d of it's driver software, and a cat warming it's backside on the PC case.

thanks

I cant really think of anything that'd cause that, and not seen other reports of it, but reproduce the problem and post the logs, and I'll see if anything stands out.

definately strange. here is my logs. I started playing the video at 13.08pm. I came back at 13.14 and the picture had frozen.

Maybe try uninstalling AC3 filter to see if it makes any difference.

tried it
    I had a good think about it today. I realised the last install I did, I ran older hauppauge drivers and then updated them to 1.1d. This time I installed 1.1d straight away. Looking in the hauppauge forums I see a similar issue (although not identical). I think I'll re-install tonight and try again with older drivers and then update them. I'll post what happens in this thread in case anyone else comes across a similar issue.
    Cheers for checking out the logs for me.. much appreciated

Did a full re-install. Tested as I went along installing codecs, updates etc. Problem did not resurface. All good now... ....Almost.... seems I can't map channels in Config - doesnt find anything and wants me to check my signal. Even weirder if I use my original config and db (which has them already mapped), then everything is fine for watching tv, although I can't use digital channel mapping.
    Time to hit the search I think.

seems I can't map channels in Config - doesnt find anything and wants me to check my signal
    Run reregisterfilters.bat, then try again. If it doesnt work, post the config.exe.log and config.exe-native.log (after a scan) and I'll take a look.

heya
    sorry for late reply. Been out of town all week and playing catch up now. Re-register filters.bat seems to have fixed up the problem. Both tuners seem mostly happy now.

Cheers