Thread: Xrecord jumping up a level on wake from Screenaver?

Hybrid View

Xrecord jumping up a level on wake from Screenaver?

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=42474

fla, can you have a look at the issue in the thread above?
    Could this be an Xrecord-soecific issue?

k.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win7x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

I added this to my list. Gbpvr is telling the plugin to deactivate and reactivate later when the screen saver is cleared. XRecord cleans up after itself in deactivate so nothing is left when you reactivate the next time. I would have thought that gbpvr would only stop calling the plugin's render method during the screen saver not deactivate the plugin. A badly behaved plugin that simply ignores the deactivate wouldn't have this screen saver problem.

I'm sure this gbpvr behavior can be worked around though.

Edit:
    Just did a test on the CheckEmail plugin and it also responds to a deactivate/Activate by resetting itself. I suspect a number of well behaved plugins will do so.
    Last edited by fla; 2009-06-14 at 12:48 AM.
    2 Hauppauge PVR-150's, Celeron 2.93GHz, 1GB RAM, 1TB Maxtor HD, Cooler Master Cavalier 2, Radeon HD 2400 Pro, gbpvr 1.1.5 Blue Skin

Give the current version a try. It should be ok now.
    2 Hauppauge PVR-150's, Celeron 2.93GHz, 1GB RAM, 1TB Maxtor HD, Cooler Master Cavalier 2, Radeon HD 2400 Pro, gbpvr 1.1.5 Blue Skin

Tested it, it works a treat, thanks fla!

k.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win7x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Hi fla,

Another request, maybe related, maybe not.
    • In Xrecord, I have a series of shows in a list (under say an Icon housing all the shows in the READY screen)
    • I then choose/hit enter to access that list, then choose ONE of the shows in the series.
    • I hit enter again which sows the Play Delete Export etc screen.
    • OK, of I click ENTER it goes back up ONE level. Works as expected.
    • But if I select the back Button or ESC button (which I do 100% of the time), it goes up TWO levels.
    • Can you pls change the behaviour so BACK/ESC goes up just ONE level?
    Thanks!

k.

Not related to the screen saver change. The ESC key was processing was different than the processing performed when closing the popups with the Exit menu item. Made the ESC key processing the same as the Exit menu item processing. Does it work as expected now?

Hi fla,

Sorry about not getting back sooner, for some reason no mails from GBPVR forums are getting though to me. odd.

YES! Works beautifully. Thanks once again!

k.