Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ffdshow and .ts files

ffdshow and .ts files

why ffdshow no work with .ts files h264 hd

thank you

H.264 decoders are not interchangeable, so I need to add some specific code to get each decoder to work with GB-PVR. That hasnt been done for ffdshow.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    H.264 decoders are not interchangeable, so I need to add some specific code to get each decoder to work with GB-PVR. That hasnt been done for ffdshow.
    Any chance it will be done in an up coming release? Maybe MPCVideoDec.ax also?

I had a bit of try in the next release. The ffdshow decoder sort of works (but doesnt behave when when changing channels and the stream characteristics change. The MPC decoder doesnt work, and I've got no idea why not.

That's weird on FFDshow, I use that all the time and love it. Don't have a h.264 TV though. As for MPC the guys at Doom 9 working on it have a problem with XP and the built in decoder that they are fighting with right now. 2 other questions though:

1. Would it be doable to set up GBPVR to use MPC-HC instead of Media Player? In Win 7 you can uninstall Media Player and get away from the whole Media Foundation thing, and that damn Microsoft h264 decoder still drops frames on me.

2. Is there a setting to play back live TV with no stretch or zoom? I use FFDshow for resize, and I get the feeling that there is a little conflict between FFDshow and Live TV, the aspect ratio comes out weird sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by richardw456 View Post
    1. Would it be doable to set up GBPVR to use MPC-HC instead of Media Player? In Win 7 you can uninstall Media Player and get away from the whole Media Foundation thing, and that damn Microsoft h264 decoder still drops frames on me.
    GBPVR does not use Media Player. It uses Directshow, which is the underlying Window frame work for doing audio / video playback etc. Media Player and MPC-HC are two other players that also use Directshow.

2. Is there a setting to play back live TV with no stretch or zoom? I use FFDshow for resize, and I get the feeling that there is a little conflict between FFDshow and Live TV, the aspect ratio comes out weird sometimes.
    No there isnt.

domage

the picture .ts files is better with ffdshow

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    GBPVR does not use Media Player. It uses Directshow, which is the underlying Window frame work for doing audio / video playback etc. Media Player and MPC-HC are two other players that also use Directshow.

No there isnt.
    So, if I uninstall Media Player, GBPVR will still work? I mean like the Video and Music plugins? If so. Media Player is history!! I ask because even though I set ffdshow as playback for h264, I still got the built in decoder for my MKV videos (and that decoder drops frames like crazy!!)

Quote Originally Posted by richardw456 View Post
    So, if I uninstall Media Player, GBPVR will still work?
    Yes, although I've never uninstall Media Player to test that theory. As long as it doesnt break directshow then it should be fine. If it did break Directshow, then MPC-HC wouldnt work either though.

I mean like the Video and Music plugins?
    Yes, they use Directshow for playback.

If so. Media Player is history!! I ask because even though I set ffdshow as playback for h264, I still got the built in decoder for my MKV videos (and that decoder drops frames like crazy!!)
    Remember, the decoder selections in the config app only apply to live tv, or files GB-PVR records (.mpg, .ts, .dvr-ms). All other file types (including .mkv, .avi etc) just use whatever the system defaults are, so wont pay any attention to you config app setting to use ffdshow. You can use third party utilities to change the filter merit to change those system defaults, so that it perfers other decoders like ffdshow.

yes the .ts files work ffdshow to live tv , but no work to .ts files recording.