Thread: combined NMT and SAT reciever

Hybrid View

combined NMT and SAT reciever

Dunno if this of interest to anyone, but i'm using an AZbox HD elite. Its basically a NMT and SAT receiver in one. The NMT part is based on a sigma chip thats very similar to the PCH.

Its firmware is only in a Beta state, but it could be of interest to some of the developers here.
    Intel P4 2500 mhz, 1.25G Ram, XP Home SP2, Maxtor 30Gb and WD 200gb drives, PVR-500MCE, DM500s, dboxrecorder, GBPVR 1.2.9, 2 x wired MVP,

It's more a media extender then NMT, but I am sure the work I've done for the PCH would work on it. The issue is people pay the premium for having the satellite receiver, and I don't think they'd want me disabling that access to run GBPVR. The older Dreamboxes were much the same way I could run mvpmc on one, because they had compatible hardware, but then it wasn't a Dreambox anymore.

The developers for this type of box are likely program more in the Dreambox, Topfield app world and maybe even the mips-based router environment than what I've done with emulation mode.

Martin