Thread: [DEV] TV Guide Rows change

[DEV] TV Guide Rows change

I'm curious if you guys have looked at the change I made to the method of selecting the number of rows in the TV Guide. My method may be more elegant, but I'm unsure whether it gains anything.

I was pondering the idea of alternate TV Guide layouts, but I don't know that there's any need or demand for that. One that occurs to me is a widescreen layout where the listings go to the bottom of the screen and the selected show details appear on the side. Another might be a guide that shows 3 hours of programs instead of 2, if that is possible (I see there's a setting for that in config.xml, but it doesn't seem to do anything).

If there are to be alternate layouts, then having the selection of the number of rows separated from the selection of the base layout certainly makes sense.

Discuss?
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...931#post480931
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.3.8/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/TimeWarner QAM, OTA ATSC (if I ever get my antenna working right again)/Schedules Direct

I think this idea makes more sense if we can come up with some useful alternative TV Guide layouts. As you said if we can, then we can use the "...Resources\Layout\TVGuide" folder for these different layouts and have the number of rows selected separately.

The trick is coming up with useful alternative layouts

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    a guide that shows 3 hours of programs instead of 2, if that is possible (I see there's a setting for that in config.xml, but it doesn't seem to do anything).
    I think currently, PVRX2 can only display 2 hours.
    The Hairy Man

HTPC: Core Duo E4300 - 2GB DDR2 - HD 3650 - 500GB storage
    Capture: 1 Nova-T 500 - 1 PVR 500
    TV: S-Video to 32" Philips CRT

Support the Community Skin

Yeah, if you feel alternative guides or improvements can be made, we can certainly add them. Might get a chance to look at your changes tonight or Friday.
    Last edited by Fatman_do; 2009-06-03 at 04:45 PM.
    Fatman_do

HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver

Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

oops, I was just looking at what I committed to the SVN for this change (r256), and I made several errors. There's a bunch of extra skin.xml files in there that aren't supposed to be there, and I also let some unrelated changes sneak into the committed SkinPluginConfig.xml. I should have been more careful when I copied my changes from my test environment to the commit directories... please forgive, and I'll fix it tonight.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...931#post480931
    my config: NPVR 3.3.8/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/TimeWarner QAM, OTA ATSC (if I ever get my antenna working right again)/Schedules Direct

fixed, now at r257

Ok, thanks, planning on taking a look this weekend. Been quite busy of late. A second job does that to your free time.
    Fatman_do

Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver

just a simple re-arrangement, but I think it works... (a few more tweaks though, possibly pending the new variables sub added for the next release)

what do you think?

Looks good.
    Fatman_do