It Works pretty Good
I just got my Motorola 6416 DCT not too long ago so I am relatively new to the STB and GBPVR game, but I have had quite a bit of success so far:
The last point is where I am still at, experimenting with the best codecs, graphs, etc for both capturing and playing back the TS stream from the firewire connection. In fact at the moment the TS video format confuses me.
- EPG channels from my STB integrated into GBPVR
- STB firewire drivers installed and tested with VLC
- firewire channel changing working from GBPVR using GraphRecorder
- STB TS stream (firewire) recording and playing back (but not smoothly)
Couple things to keep in mind:
- you can only use one tuner (even for dual tuner STBs)
- for some providers certain channels remain encrypted (so no FW)
- time-shifted preview may work better than live preview in GraphRecorder
BTW I am in Canada and none of the channels from my local cable provider have that 5C encryption stuff.
HTPC Server: AMD Athlon XP 3200+, 768Mb RAM, Gigabyte 6200 AGP, Hauppauge 500MCE Capture Tuner, WinXP Pro SP3 (concurrent users), NPVR 2.5.9
Client1: PCH A110 Client2: AMD Opteron 2.6Ghz, 2Gb DDR, ATI 1650, WinXP Pro SP3, NPVR 2.5.9 Client3: Intel E6420, 2Gb RAM, XFX Radeon HD 7850, WinXP Pro SP3, NPVR 2.5.9 Client 4: Intel E2120, 4Gb DDR2, Nvidia 7600GS, Vista SP1 32-bit, NPVR 2.5.9