Thread: Problem playing .iso movies

Problem playing .iso movies

I'm running GBPVR 1.3.11 and Moviewiz v1.0.25.1.... I have all my movies backed up to a drive as .iso image files and Deamon tools loaded.... When I select Movie Wizard from the GBPVR menu, it loads fine and all movies show up as they should, but when I select a movie and click "watch", the screen goes black and I can see that deamon tools mounts the image but the movie will not start...no matter how long I wait...

Now, If I hit escape, it will take me back to the GBPVR menu and I can select Moviewiz again, select the movie again and select watch again and it may or may not play this time....usually it takes at least 3 times but usually I have to do this 5 or more times....

I have tried manually unmounting the image between each attempt and I have tried mounting the image before the attempt...neither worked any differant.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Thanks,
    Todd

If you need to see a log file, which file would you need?

After attempting to play the file, post the pvrx2.exe.log file.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

This won't solve your problem, but I've had similar problems as you describe and my solution have been to copy all content in the .iso to folders with the movie name.
    This makes them start faster and you don't need to use external program to make them available.
    Yes, it was a tedious task, but it was worth it. Movies load a lot faster now without any problems (I also got rid of most of the menus as well)
    GBPVR PC: Win7 ult x64 / Intel P Duo / 2 gb RAM / Asus Extreme Radeon HD3450 HDTV
    Video: Sony 40'' LCD TV
    Plugins: MovieWiz, MLpanel, Videos library, Music Spot, WebRadio - and skin: Community WS

Quote Originally Posted by JavaWiz View Post
    After attempting to play the file, post the pvrx2.exe.log file.
    Thanks for the look...

I have figured a work around till I get this fixed.... Since I copy movies to the hard drive before I play them...In GBPVR config, I have set the dvd drive to be the same as the deamon virtual drive...both are set as H in GBPVR config.....now if I start a movie in Moviewiz and it does not play, I can back out to the GBPVR menu and slect DVD....since Moviewiz has loaded deamon with the .iso and GBPVR is configed so the virtual drive is the DVD drive, the movie will play....

Thanks
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by 7ore View Post
    This won't solve your problem, but I've had similar problems as you describe and my solution have been to copy all content in the .iso to folders with the movie name.
    This makes them start faster and you don't need to use external program to make them available.
    Yes, it was a tedious task, but it was worth it. Movies load a lot faster now without any problems (I also got rid of most of the menus as well)
    Thanks for the advice...that seems to be the best idea...I'm in the
    process of convertinf them now...

Thanks
    Todd