Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prompts for resume but doesn't actually resume?

Prompts for resume but doesn't actually resume?

Unlike others I always get the resume prompt, but resume doesn't actually seem to work unless it's been just a short while since I paused.

If there is a long period or a GBPVR restart or start from wake, GBPVR very nicely prompts for resume and "lools" like it will do so, but doesn't actually resume.

Any hints here?

k.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win7x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

On the PC or PCH?

you're up early!

On the PC...

k.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win7x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    you're up early!
    I'm in New York, so its not that early.

When you play the file, does it report the correct duration?

It's early for me on Sunday and I'm in the NY time zone!

Speaking about the PCH, sub you gotta make the PCH resume more accurate

MVPSetPlaybackPosition() request to set position to: 823 seconds
    Got Media-Progess message. PTS now:37024200 time: 822.76

@jksmurf, since you play a lot of avi files, if you ever play them from the PCH or MVP the resume data will probably get reset.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    When you play the file, does it report the correct duration?
    Yes it does. Even has all the good comskip breaks and everythging.

k.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    @jksmurf, since you play a lot of avi files, if you ever play them from the PCH or MVP the resume data will probably get reset. Martin
    OK. Do you mean the resume data for any file (incl mpg's) will probably get reset as a result of playing a lot of avi files or does this apply only to the avi files? The issue with no resume does appear on the PCH / MVP too, but I was surprised to see it on the PC.

k.

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    OK. Do you mean the resume data for any file (incl mpg's) will probably get reset as a result of playing a lot of avi files or does this apply only to the avi files? The issue with no resume does appear on the PCH / MVP too, but I was surprised to see it on the PC.
    I am not sure in PCH mode but in PCH2 mode the resume setting for any file played by the PCH will be set. For mpeg ps/ts it has consistently been stored and retrieved and properly coexists with other PCH's, I don't test with PC. Data for other formats will be deleted.

Martin

i also get this same behavior...all timelines correct here...both pch2 and regular main pc..
    only seemed to start happening when i started using new 'pch2' pvrx2.exe...
    Last edited by pBS; 2009-05-03 at 10:50 PM.
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    2. C2D 2.53, XPPro, ATI HD3450, Kworld 330U, Comm. Skin, GBpvr 1.4.7
    Author: Pvrx2 utils- Simple Archiver.bat, NTFSLinker [Junction gui]
    Universal Util: MCE Remote no-software trick and Shutdown Protector
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]