Thread: .dat files when making recording

.dat files when making recording

I have just come back to GBPVR after running MediaCenter for a 1,5 year.

Before I always used Xrecord since I like the way one can add info about the recording after it has been made in the .dat file

No when I start a recording from XGuide - no dat file is created - have I forgot something that need to be set?

(I found the to press ctrl S and choos Export all to create .dat on all recordings that still have data in GBPVR database - but is there a setting to always create the .dat file when recording starts?

another question - what was the difference between movies and videos?
    Using DELL P4 1.5GB RAM 250 GB HD + DLINK DNS313 netdisk 1,5TB, 2 pieces of Hauppauge PVR150 w/45-button remote, 1 Popcorn Hour 110. Win XP SP3. GB-PVR v1.4.7 Plugins: Xrecord

I only know about .dat files being created when recordings are exported or archived. There is an auto-archive feature now though if you search the forums on how to turn it on.

I think the only difference is that Movies doesn't have a delete button so you put more permanent stuff in there that you want to keep. There's a setting to have a delete button in the Videos or not.
    2 Hauppauge PVR-150's, Celeron 2.93GHz, 1GB RAM, 1TB Maxtor HD, Cooler Master Cavalier 2, Radeon HD 2400 Pro, gbpvr 1.1.5 Blue Skin