Thread: Cessation of Development - ML2/ML3 - 2009-March

Cessation of Development - ML2/ML3 - 2009-March

Hi folks.

Any of the ML2/ML3 users would have noticed the slowdown/lack of releases over the last year.

I'm sorry to say that this will probably continue for the foreseeable future. My wife and I are expecting our first child, and some of the drive has gone out of developing.

So while I'll still be pretty active on the forums, and try to fix any ML2/ML3 problems, I'm not sure if there will be another release.

However, if some of the other developers would like access to the source, maybe working with a joint Google Code project then perhaps we can keep this beast alive. PM me if you'd be interested. I doubt I would be taking a very active role in the ongoing development though.

Cheers and thanks to all the guys that have done testing/development/bug reports over the last couple of years. Specifically actcms, pz1, tkgafs and smelcher, And thanks for all the skin devs for help, and for making ML2 look so pretty!!
    Gigabyte AMD A8 Brix, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, 120 Gb SSD, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual DVB-T, Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 8.1 Pro, NPVR 3.2.9, AC3Filter, 1 x AppleTV with Plex, Plex Plugin, NextPVR Channel for Plex

First and foremost, I'm not big on speaking for others, but I'm sure that all the forum members will join with me in congratulating you and your wife on your impending parenthood - it's great news.

Raising a child can be terrifying, exciting, frustrating and have a detrimental effect on your bank balance, but it is never boring and always rewarding. It may be cliched to say that they are only young once, but it's true - there are no repeats or RW button and you sure can't record it and watch it later on. Get plenty photos (and stick them into MLPanel). Anyway, enough of the Grand-Fatherly advice.

ML2/3 is a great plugin - one of GBPVR's 'Killer' add-ons IMHO - and it's a shame that you won't have time to continue development, but your family definitely comes first.

Congratulations psycik.

What is the ETA of psycik 2.0?
    Fatman_do

HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver

Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman_do View Post
    Congratulations psycik.

What is the ETA of psycik 2.0?
    May, not too far away now. Will join his cousins, Twins born in Feb and another cousin born 2 weeks ago......it's all go for this family!!
    Gigabyte AMD A8 Brix, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, 120 Gb SSD, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual DVB-T, Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 8.1 Pro, NPVR 3.2.9, AC3Filter, 1 x AppleTV with Plex, Plex Plugin, NextPVR Channel for Plex

That's one thing about FOSS projects, the good stuff can't always compete with the requirements of real life.

Congrats to your family for the new additions.
    Currently Running: 1.4.7
    HTPC:
    Motherboard: ASUS P5LD2 Mobo w/ 945P chipset / CPU: Intel P4 3.0GHz
    RAM: 3GB RAM / Video: ASUS Radeon X300SE 128Mb PCIx 16
    Tuner(s): ATI TV 650 Dual (PCIx)

Feeding:
    2 - Wired MVP

Best wishes to you all, hopefully all will go well, and as already been said in various ways life must come before computers.

I only use 3 plugins with gbpvr ML2, weather and the rss reader and without ML2 & my MVP I wouldnt even use gbpvr.

SO good luck and thanks for everything

Tkgafs

Congratulations psycik. Make sure you let me know when the little one arrives - I'll be keen to come over and take a look.

(I would have replied earlier, but didnt see the thread)