Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with 'Unsupported' Analog Tuner

Help with 'Unsupported' Analog Tuner

Hi,
    I am trying to use a Blackgold 3500 card, this card has on-board hardware MPEG encoding for all of its inputs.
    With the help of the 'Wiki' I have been able to sort out the Dual DVB-T tuners and they work well within GBPVR.
    However, I need to record from my (Virgin) STB which only has either RF, composite PAL, or YUV component outputs. I have already been told that the 'YUV' option is a non starter, the Blackgold card does not have composite input, so I am keen to get the Analog RF bit working.
    I have deleted the DVB-T settings for one of the capture sources, and tried to set it up for fixed channel external tuner, but cant get it working.
    In the config', capture source settings it comes up as a 'Compro Videomate E900F', but this seems to be because both the Compro and the Blackgold have filters with '7164' in them. Using the 'Compro' setting the card does not work, (of course)
    I found the information in the Wiki informative regarding setting up the unsupported DVB-T aspect of the card, but can not find very much about seeting up the Analog RF tuner.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Via Epia EX15000 1.5Gh/z mobo /1 Gig Ram/ 500M/b WD HDD, Sata 2.
    Blackgold BGT-3500 Tuner Card, NEC-Liteon DL DVD Drive/ Windows XP Home-32 bit.
    GBPVR V1.3.11

When it comes to analog, its pretty much designed for Hauppauge cards, so there is a good chance any other cards arent going to work.

If you run the filtercheck.exe utility in the gbpvr directory, I'll have a try at suggesting what to add to the direct.ini file.

Filtercheck log

Sub, here is the log, thanks for your help.
    GBPVR V1.3.11

The 'Compro VideoMate E900F' selection looks like it'd work with this card. What happens when you try? Reproduce the problem, then zip and attach the logs and I'll take a look.

I go into the 'TV Guide', then select the 'STB' entry, then select 'Watch'....the screen goes blank. I can escape back to the guide, (the program does not crash, it just does not display anything).
    For the purposes of testing the settings i have set it up to tune to Ch 33, which is, i believe, BBC-2 in this part of the country, so it should be on most of the day.
    Its getting a bit late to generate the logs today, i will do it tomorrow, any particular logs?
    GBPVR V1.3.11

Post the pvrx2.exe.log and pvrx2.exe-native.log and I'll take a look.

From yesterday

Sub, hi.
    Hera are the logs, what I have done today is to reset the analog tuner up with the 'Compro' settings, (because i had edited them originally trying to make the card work) then tried to 'watch' and then tried to 'record', niether worked.
    Thanks again for your time.
    Graham.
    GBPVR V1.3.11

Those logs dont show anything useful. You'll need to zip and attach them immediately after trying the 'watch' or 'live tv' buttons.

Any better?

Here are the logs again, just after 'Live tv'
    GBPVR V1.3.11

It looks like its related to your decoders. Try other audio and video decoder combinations.