Thread: Transcoding TS files without mediaMVP

Transcoding TS files without mediaMVP

Hello Zehd
    A newbie to Ztools and I would like to know if any of your tools can help me transcode TS files to mpeg. I do not have a mediaMVP but am just hoping to convert within PVRX2 automatically. The auto convert within PVRX2 does not seem to work, but maybe Sub is going to fix this in the next release?
    Thanks
    Duncan
    ANTEC Sonata 500 Case,
    ASUS P5Q-E, Intel E8600, 2 GB RAM
    HVR 2200, EN8600 GT, GBPVR, MediaPortal 1.02
    Windows XP Pro SP3

I'm not familiar with much about Ztools but you can try TSConverter..it's free.

Paul
    Custom ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe, Core i7 3770k, 16 GB Memory-ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560, H80i Cooler, 750W PS, CM HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 case,Corsair GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III SSD, InfiniTV4 & HDHomerun Tuners- running Windows 8 (and other goodies)
    #2--P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS, Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken View Post
    Hello Zehd
    A newbie to Ztools and I would like to know if any of your tools can help me transcode TS files to mpeg. I do not have a mediaMVP but am just hoping to convert within PVRX2 automatically. The auto convert within PVRX2 does not seem to work, but maybe Sub is going to fix this in the next release?
    Thanks
    Duncan
    Yes ZProcess should be able to do it. Many people have asked for it, and almost always, I've convinced them to go with on-the-fly transcoding for viewing on the MVP.

Personally I just can't understand why people aren't recording straight into MPG format to begin with... I think it's the ATI mux that will help you with that. (especially as I think that's what sub uses (a fellow kiwi))

If you have content already recorded and need it to transcode, well yeah you can use ZProcess, but maybe the TS Convert program already sugge4sted.

When I get onto rewriting ZProcess in VB.net, I'll be looking at this issue a lot better...
    Frank Z

I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...

Thanks guys. I will look at those other two options in the interim.
    ANTEC Sonata 500 Case,
    Windows XP Pro SP3

OK guys. I tried TSconverter and it woked well on a test file I downloaded from a UK site but there must be something different about the TS files that GBPVR generates as the avc2avi converter could not open the source file(TS). Tried in safe mode to no avail. Any ideas about why these particular TS files (NZ) are not compatible?
    ANTEC Sonata 500 Case,
    Windows XP Pro SP3

you are recording from dvb-t
    which in NZ h264 video and aac audio
    you may have issues finding something that will transcode this format