Thread: UltraXMLTV 1.2.152 - credits info disappearing

UltraXMLTV 1.2.152 - credits info disappearing

I'm having a problem with keeping the credits info (Actors, Guests,etc.) in the xmltv.xml file.

I use mc2xml and grab the listings for Canada (East), Bell TV (Digital). If I look at the contents of this xmltv.xml file it includes the credits info (Actors, Guests,etc.). I then run UltraXMLTV to "enhance" the information (e.g. mark new shows, add the Season and Episode numbers, etc.). IN UltraXMLTV, I have selected to append the Credits info to the Description and to include the Actors, Guests, Director, and Writer info.

Once UltraXMLTV is complete I look at the xmltv.xml again and the credits info (Actors, Guests,etc.) are now gone.

I have attached a copy of the log containing all entries from the last run and my UltraXMLTV settings for you reference. If it would be of any benefit I can upload the pre and post xmltv.xml files.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong or missing?

Quote Originally Posted by TomR View Post
    I'm having a problem with keeping the credits info (Actors, Guests,etc.) in the xmltv.xml file.

I use mc2xml and grab the listings for Canada (East), Bell TV (Digital). If I look at the contents of this xmltv.xml file it includes the credits info (Actors, Guests,etc.). I then run UltraXMLTV to "enhance" the information (e.g. mark new shows, add the Season and Episode numbers, etc.). IN UltraXMLTV, I have selected to append the Credits info to the Description and to include the Actors, Guests, Director, and Writer info.

Once UltraXMLTV is complete I look at the xmltv.xml again and the credits info (Actors, Guests,etc.) are now gone.

I have attached a copy of the log containing all entries from the last run and my UltraXMLTV settings for you reference. If it would be of any benefit I can upload the pre and post xmltv.xml files.

hmm. If you have the Credits appended to the Description, then there shouldn't be any credits anymore, the data is now part of the Description. Since the Credits are normally hidden to GB-PVR, and Ultra exposes that, by putting it somewhere else, why do you still need that info in the XMLTV file?
    Frank Z

I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UltraXMLTV\UltraXMLTV_Enhancer\Credits]
    "LimitActors"="0"
    "LimitGuests"="0"
    "CreditsAction"="Append to Desc"
    "ActorsTag"="Actors: [Actor]"
    "ActorsCrLf"="0"
    "GuestsTag"="Guests: [Guest]"
    "GuestsCrLf"="0"
    "Director"="0"
    "DirectorTag"="Director: [Director]"
    "DirectorCrLf"="0"
    "Writer"="0"
    "WriterTag"="Writer: [Writer]"
    "WriterCrLf"="0"
    If the limit is set to 0 then no Actors or Guests will display...
    Frank Z

That works much better. I thought if I let it a t zero it would give me all instead of none. I guess I should have looked at "Zehd's Picks". I might of clued in then

You mentioned elsewhere that a .NET version is in the works. Any timeframe for this yet?

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

That works much better. I thought if I let it a t zero it would give me all instead of none. I guess I should have looked at "Zehd's Picks". I might of clued in then

You mentioned elsewhere that a .NET version is in the works. Any timeframe for this yet?

Thanks again for all of your hard work.
    I'm looking for an alpha release this weekend. As with anything, documentation is the tough stuff...
    Frank Z

Quote Originally Posted by zehd View Post
    I'm looking for an alpha release this weekend. As with anything, documentation is the tough stuff...
    If you were a real programmer, you'd realize that you just don't do the documentation.

Quote Originally Posted by LewE View Post
    If you were a real programmer, you'd realize that you just don't do the documentation.
    LOL...

I'm adding Tooltips to just about everything (able to turn off too) so that people can find their way around...
    Frank Z

LOL...

I'm adding Tooltips to just about everything (able to turn off too) so that people can find their way around...
    Well, even though it will be hard to take you seriously as a programmer, I for one will appreciate any Tooltips, etc.

This is a complex program and it isn't always obvious what effects some entries will have on the results.

Quote Originally Posted by LewE View Post
    Well, even though it will be hard to take you seriously as a programmer, I for one will appreciate any Tooltips, etc.

This is a complex program and it isn't always obvious what effects some entries will have on the results.
    Since you have such a grasp on my programming abilities and the complexity of the task at hand, I will expect you at the front of the Beta Test pack...
    Frank Z

Since you have such a grasp on my programming abilities and the complexity of the task at hand, I will expect you at the front of the Beta Test pack...
    I'd be glad to help in whatever little way I can with early version testing. When will we be able to try out the first beta?

Normally, I only beta test software that I don't consider crucial. For example, I don't volunteer for beta testing operating systems, or applications I use for storing passwords, etc. This is an exception I will gladly make.