Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerky live playback - no problem with recorded shows

Jerky live playback - no problem with recorded shows

very recently I am having problem with playback of live tv. The same show when recorded and played back has no problem.

I do not know where to start

enclosed zip of logs

Thanks for a great program - it works most of the time
    AMD Phenom x4; DDR2 4Gig DUAL CHANNEL; Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H motherboaard; HdHomerun; windows XP, SP3; GBPVR 1.3.11

This sounds very like problems I am having, is this using the TS mux? I ask because I only get it with the TS mux not with the Cyberlink one.

The DBA Multiplexer I use is 'Microsoft DVR-MS' I tried the Intervideo, TS Mux and same problem. The Cyberlink is not an option.

For the video Decoder - system default - same for the audio decoder, AL3 decoder.
    For the audio rendering I use Cyberlink (power dvd version 8 ultra), same for the H.264 decoder.

The audio is fine, only the video is jerky. The video is otherwise perfect. The jerky part starts after about 1.5 seconds of viewing. The total processor load is only 7% and there is plenty of free virtual, and real memory according to task manager.

thanks for your interest
    AMD Phenom x4; DDR2 4Gig DUAL CHANNEL; Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H motherboaard; HdHomerun; windows XP, SP3; GBPVR 1.3.11

Try setting the audio renderer back to system default. You currently have it set to a Cyberlink renderer.

I just tried setting audio renderer back to sytem default, makes it worse. Picture freezes much more and the audio totally stops

Try other audio/video decoders and renderers then. These are the components that do the playback, and are typically responsible for any jerkyness.

I tried some other settings but that only made things worse.
    I am only using one plugin - 'Tv Listing' - when I disable listings it make not difference.

I use the HdHomeRun, on the vlc program the video and audio are perfect

I tried some other settings but that only made things worse
    Try other combinations then - it'll be related to this. Install other decoders if you need to.

I am getting somewhat stumped! Tried various combinations, they only make things worse. I am not sure about 'other decoders' - what would they be?

I was in New Zealand 3 years ago - southern island - it was magical - drove all over had a great time but do not remember Wellington - where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERMAN40 View Post
    I am getting somewhat stumped! Tried various combinations, they only make things worse.
    Which ones have you tried exactly?

I was in New Zealand 3 years ago - southern island - it was magical - drove all over had a great time but do not remember Wellington - where is it?
    Its the capital of New Zealand. Its at the bottom of the north island.