Thread: [DEV] Advanced editable skin items

[DEV] Advanced editable skin items

Hi Guys!

I've added the ability to mark EditableSkinItems as "advanced" in SkinPluginConfig.xml, similar to what the old version had. Do you think it maybe useful? If yes, what items should be marked as "advanced" and so hidden from view by default?
    Last edited by McBainUK; 2009-02-18 at 08:54 PM.

I don't know exactly. I have to look at everything "live", I haven't done that yet. Busy "sports parent" week for me. I really should give everything a rundown and check things out (LOL).
    Fatman_do

HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver

Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman_do View Post
    I don't know exactly. I have to look at everything "live", I haven't done that yet.
    I've committed the "show advanced" option changes to SVN if you (and Hairy for that matter) want a play.

Good luck with the sports!

Just checked this out,

For me personally the options (themes/graphics/layout/text) offer enough separation. I'm a little worried about folder depth, but we'll see how the beta goes.

Your current choices to hide in the graphics section looks about right to me.
    The Hairy Man

HTPC: Core Duo E4300 - 2GB DDR2 - HD 3650 - 500GB storage
    Capture: 1 Nova-T 500 - 1 PVR 500
    TV: S-Video to 32" Philips CRT

Support the Community Skin

What do you mean by "separation"?

In the old plugin all the options (well specifically) graphics had all the selectable elements listed together, so sometimes you had to navigate through a lot of choices to get to what you wanted. With the new plugin each major element is separate and each sub element is organized, so even the element with the largest choice (graphics) only really has 26 headings with each of those loading further choices. Seems much neater to me.

Edit: I'm totally cool with the advanced option, I just meant that I thought the layout of the new plugin is pretty neat already.
    Last edited by Hairy; 2009-02-20 at 09:22 AM.
    The Hairy Man

HTPC: Core Duo E4300 - 2GB DDR2 - HD 3650 - 500GB storage
    Capture: 1 Nova-T 500 - 1 PVR 500
    TV: S-Video to 32" Philips CRT

Support the Community Skin