Thread: Disable DVD eject when no disc detected

Disable DVD eject when no disc detected

I guess this is part support, part wishlist, but is there any way to stop gbpvr ejecting the drive tray if it doesn't find a DVD?

I use AnyDVD and it can sometimes take 20-30 seconds from inserting a disc to it becoming "visible" to windows/gbpvr. This often results in the wife putting a disc in the tray, getting back to the couch, hitting play, then having the disc ejected back out because it wasn't seen yet. Cue grumbling :-)

The obvious solution is to wait longer, but if a simple option exists to *not* eject the tray that'd be great.

I don't think this is a GBPVR issue. I believe it's Windows that automatically ejects the tray when it's accessed if no disc is detected.

If you set <DVDPath>auto</DVDPath> in config.xml, instead of explicitly identifying your DVD drive, then it also wont eject in this situation.
    Sub suggested this for me in this thread.
    http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...ighlight=eject

Might be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    I don't think this is a GBPVR issue. I believe it's Windows that automatically ejects the tray when it's accessed if no disc is detected.
    I don't think so, otherwise surely Windows would eject the tray every time you clicked on an empty drive in explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by bdshaffer View Post
    Sub suggested this for me in this thread.
    http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...ighlight=eject

Might be worth a try.
    Works perfectly. Thanks.