Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WizMetadataGrabber - v1.0.6.0 released

WizMetadataGrabber - v1.0.6.0 released

Primary enhancement this time around was to add embedded metadata capability. Program now optionally reads (and writes) metadata to the video file.

02/07/08 v1.0.6.0 - WizUiHelper v1.0.20.2 WizWebHelper v1.0.10.1
    • Provide ability to retireve metadata from the video file embedded in ADS.
    • Provide ability to store metadata in external format (ie filename.xml), or internally in video file (ADS).
    • Provide ability to edit either format data prior to saving.
    • Internal ADS format is compatible with recording format the GBPVR writes when saving recordings
    • Provide ability to export entries into recording.xml format. This is useful to update the GBPVR Recodings table so they show up in the Recordings Plugin
    • Enhanced logging.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: Multiple Wired-Wireless clients, XMBC Clients, rPI OpenElec client

On the Main tab, when I search for files either by clicking the Search for Files button or select a directory from the find dir dialog I get an 'Unable to locate DLL: WizGenHelper.dll' dialog. Have I missed something?

I just upgraded from 1.0.4.1 which was working fine.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ACTCMS View Post
    On the Main tab, when I search for files either by clicking the Search for Files button or select a directory from the find dir dialog I get an 'Unable to locate DLL: WizGenHelper.dll' dialog. Have I missed something?

I just upgraded from 1.0.4.1 which was working fine.

Alex
    Oops, sorry, new DLL. I'll put out a new installer tonight.
    NPVR Server: Win8 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250

Thanks...

New version uploaded to Wiki. Missing DLL included.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaWiz View Post
    New version uploaded to Wiki. Missing DLL included.
    Working great now... I edit most of my recordings to get rid of the padding and ads, but I loose the ADS stuff - now I've got an easy way to put it back in - I still haven't figured out all the possibilities yet...

I download the tv episodes I would like to watch. The problem is that the file names usually contains Series name, season number, episode number and some extra info.
    Rarely the episode name.

So it would be great if the grabber could use the season and episode numbers.
    This info should make it possible to get the episode name and the rest.
    The season/episode info is commonly given as either "S01E01" or "1x01".

And dots is often used instead of a blank, a automatic replace would be useful.
    The rename utility does not seem to be useful for this task...

And something completely different. The "Alternate hits" dialog, does not work well in 120 dpi. I can see that there is four buttons at the bottom but I can not read what they say. Usually OK and Cancel is at the Right and that seems to be the case in this dialog as well.
    Last edited by 7ore; 2009-02-23 at 09:29 PM.
    GBPVR PC: Win7 ult x64 / Intel P Duo / 2 gb RAM / Asus Extreme Radeon HD3450 HDTV
    Video: Sony 40'' LCD TV
    Plugins: MovieWiz, MLpanel, Videos library, Music Spot, WebRadio - and skin: Community WS

Quote Originally Posted by 7ore View Post
    I download the tv episodes I would like to watch. The problem is that the file names usually contains Series name, season number, episode number and some extra info.
    Rarely the episode name.

So it would be great if the grabber could use the season and episode numbers.
    This info should make it possible to get the episode name and the rest.
    The season/episode info is commonly given as either "S01E01" or "1x01".

And dots is often used instead of a blank, a automatic replace would be useful.
    The rename utility does not seem to be useful for this task...
    I have put some code in there to do this. Could you supply some filenames that do not work and I'll see what can be done.
    And something completely different. The "Alternate hits" dialog, does not work well in 120 dpi. I can see that there is four buttons at the bottom but I can not read what they say. Usually OK and Cancel is at the Right and that seems to be the case in this dialog as well.
    Ok, I'll try and clean up that screen for that char size.

This file name: "Burn.Notice.S02E11.Hot.Spot.720p.HDTV.x264 - CTU" gives no hits at all.
    If I change it to: "Burn.Notice-S02E11" I get a hit from IMDB.
    And if I change to: "Burn Notice-S02E11" I get thetvdb info (that is the one I prefer as it is episode specific)

All file names start with [series name] [Season and episode] [garbage].

If it is possible to identify the season and episode, everything to the right can be omitted and all to the left is the name (remove the dots) it should then be possible to search a folder automatically and get info from thetvdb.

Great tool by the way. Already gets me a long way.
    GBPVR PC: Win7 ult x64 / Intel P Duo / 2 gb RAM / Asus Extreme Radeon HD3450 HDTV
    Video: Sony 40'' LCD TV
    Plugins: MovieWiz, MLpanel, Videos library, Music Spot, WebRadio - and skin: Community WS

Hi not sure if I'm being a little slow here but if I amend the metadata ie select 'alternate hits' at the bottom it says 'save metadata'. but I can't find a save button and when I exit the metadata grabber it resets back to the metadata I was trying to change. Any ideas?

Thanks