Thread: Gbpvr waking machine for canceled recordings

Gbpvr waking machine for canceled recordings

Hello, I've had this question for some time now but I've just lived with it. Now curiosity has gotten the better of me. I've looked before but couldn't find anything on why gbpvr still wakes my machine for a recording that I've cancelled. I've noticed this with just about every version of gbpvr I've used. I'm currently using 1.3.11 and it still does the same thing. I'll see that a show I watch normally is a rerun so I will cancel it and even though I did that when the day and time comes for that show the machine will wake up and then go back to hibernate after 5 minutes.

Sorry, this is a known problem. I'll get around to fixing it one of these days. It doesnt attempt to cancel wake up requests that were previously submitted to windows. Windows will remember and act on those requests while the Recording Service is still running. If the recording service is restarted, those previous requests are discarded.

Thank you very much Sub for a quick response. Thanks for the tip on restarting the recording service to clear the requests. I'd like to say that you have done some very wonderful things with GBPVR and brought me many enjoyable hours of tv viewing thanks to your hard work. Keep up the good work as we all appreciate it.